Jordan Chiles' mother going to prison

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I would say neither is acceptable.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Jordan is innocent here and should not be held accountable for her mother’s actions.

Just as we don’t hold Simone accountable for her brother’s actions.

You have a point. I agree with you in that the behaviour was awful, especially from a religious minister. I agree with you in that.

Even then, I prefer to tone down my judgmental side, and be more kind than judgmental. I am praying for the Chiles family.

José M.

Those are completely different cases and I find it really problematic that you would link the two.

Simone’s brother (whom she had not seen in years) was charged with Murder.

Jordan’s mom was convicted of fraud and it could be argued that her children benefited from said fraud. She put some of the stolen money into her children’s businesses. I also would not be surprised if Gina purchased a few pairs of Air Jordan’s during her $50,000 shopping spree.

That is a lot of assumptions you are making! I find this problematic.

It is equally comparable. Equating Simone and Jordan to crimes their family members committed is wrong. The news is sensationalizing the crimes by linking them to their famous family members.

Last edited:
Jordan Chiles is 20 years old. If she thought this was going to be an issue she should have done some pre-emptive work to at least minimize the fall out as it pertained to her. If fraudulently obtained money is being filtered through a business that has your name associated to it then you need to take some accountability for it - being twelve is one thing but being twenty is another.

There was a lot thread-writing when the whole Gabby’s “Douglas Family Gold” came into being - one dealing with Gabby being the family cash-cow.

Moving to WCC may have been seen as the ticket for Jordan to hopefully make a name for herself, hopefully pull in some endorsements and then hopefully pulling in some cash to start paying restitution to those who were the real victims.

Has Jordan made any statement about being remorseful for her mother’s actions? I’m sure that some kids may had to go without even knock-ff Air Jordans while she had shoe-racks works $1000s. Maybe a good look on your feet but not a good look on you.

You like the shoes, now walk a mile in them.

Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
Tagging an article about a woman convicted of fraud in 2020 whose daughter is on the 2020 Olympic team with @LA28 is weird. I suppose they want anyone searching for info about the 2028 Olympics to see their article? More clicks for them for a longer period of time, I suppose, but that seems a bit excessive.

They are not equally comparable.

Simone was far removed from the crime her brother was charged with (that he has been acquitted of)

Jordan moved across the country with her mom who has been convicted of a crime that Jordan may have benefited from. Jordan’s and her Moms life are connected to the point that Gina is profiting from Jordan’s career. I think I read that she’s writing a book about Jordan? That’s all fine, Wiebers mom did the same but to think that Jordan’s name should be left out of this reporting and somehow including her is “wrong” is a reach.

Last edited:
Gina was promoting Team Chick merch on twitter just the other day. (Apparently Gina and Tim also own a screen printing business…how many businesses do these two have a hand in?) People can spend their money however they want, but I’d sure want to know if my money was going to the business of someone convicted of a financial felony before I made that purchase.

Sorry but they are connected

If the issue is relevance and NOT responsibility for the crime, than it is just as relevant as Simone’s biological brother’s sentencing because the main reason it is relevant is the familial connection. Simone was in no way responsible for her brother’s behavior but she is his sister. Jordan is in no way responsible for her mother’s behavior (whether or not she ultimately would have benefitted from it) but she is her daughter.

Looks like the book is no longer on Amazon?

It’s back now… weird… it was showing me an error before.

I’ve been getting weird error messages from Amazon all evening when I have tried to download a recently purchased ebook. I would guess their system had some kind of glitch which has finally resolved.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back