Jordan Chiles' mother going to prison

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, that’s how I see it. Author wants more clicks, sees a link to the Olympics, takes the cheap shot. If the story has been going since last fall and they only bring it up now (NBC certainly never mentioned it in a broadcast) because someone related has a higher profile name, well, looks like some “journalist” found a way to pad his advertising count by linking it to super-peripheral, higher draw things.

When Simone’s brother was arrested, most articles nearly forgot to mention his name or alleged crime in their rush to get clicks from Simone’s name and fame.

Eh. I remember in 2012 everyone reported on Ryan Lotche’s parents facing foreclosure and Gabby’s mom filing for bankruptcy. I’m not defending it, but this seems more newsworthy than those two things. Similiar crimes tend to be on the local news for about a week minimum.

Probably because it wasn’t known until now? Someone clearly tipped off the reporter. If he had known about it for months, when not publish during Trials, or the couple days after, when gymnastics interest is at its peak? Or continue to sit on it until the Olympics, when people are hungry for sports-related stories? Instead it gets published during this lull.

Gina was very prominent in nationals and trials coverage. She’s extremely active on Twitter. She’s suddenly going to be unavailable for comment and won’t be there to welcome Jordan home from Tokyo. You think people weren’t going to notice that? That questions wouldn’t be asked about why Gina is nowhere to be found? This story was going to come out.

You are calling both what Gina and the author did “wrong” however I’m interested in who you think is the victim in what the author did?

There are clear victims in Ginas wrong doing not to mention she involved Jordan in her crimes when she laundered some of the money using Jordan’s clothing line business.

Let’s just hope NBC doesn’t go the disgusting way and mention this at all during the Olympics.

I have no doubt they will.

Her mum is getting banged up the day before AA finals. Just look at what they did with Suni and her dad and that was 2 flippin years ago.

They’re gonna go OFF.

Gina and the author are BOTH wrong.

Not sure how it needs to be one or the other.

The victims here are the people who were scammed by Gina Chiles and also Jordan Chiles, whose name is being dragged into this because she is now an Olympian who has a mother going to jail and the author is trying to make this go “viral” because of Chiles being an Olympian.

I didn’t see anything about Gina laundering money using Jordan’s clothing line business. Would you be so kind to point me and others in the direction to that specific reference.

Just like Gina exploited others for her own gain, Scott Reid is exploiting Jordan for his own gain.

Seriously, Scott is not doing anything illegal.
Not everything that is legal is right. Or good. So just because it’s not illegal that makes it okay? Malicious gossip isn’t illegal so in your mind it’s okay?

I like it when people base things on facts and prove their statements.

Edited to remove a statement since the other Robin posted.

Last edited:
The sentencing memo doesn’t which businesses the money was used for, just "her children’s businesses.

By the way, that sentencing memo is quite a thing to read.

I wouldn’t call that article “malicious gossip”. That was a factual article without the authors implying or pandering to gossip. What was written was factual — proven that she was guilty (not just idle gossip)

I think it is the extraneous tags that takes it into gossip. And malicious. If it was just something being reported on for a local paper/news site, they wouldn’t have added all the tags to increase visibility.

ETA: I might be conflating Cecile’s tweet with all the tags and the original story. I don’t know if the original story/tweet that Cecile is responding to had all the same tags. I do not twittergram or instatok.

Last edited:
And I didn’t say the article was malicious gossip. I said not everything that’s legal is right. I used the general wording of malicious gossip as an example. For example is it right that people gossip that a divorced woman was cheating and it was why she she was divorced! Or many other forms of stupid gossip.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back