Injuries, sickness and stuff…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.45.01 AM

I’m going to be honest, if it is Wong, I would be pissed as hell that my Olympics may be over because of close contact with her because they refuse to have her vaccinated.
Ooooooh
well even vaccinated people can get it but who are they interacting with though? It had to come from somewhere…

well even vaccinated people can get it but who are they interacting with though? It had to come from somewhere…
Unvaccinated higher risk but that’s not here or there
Yes, who are they interacting with? I keep picturing that video of Simone at the airport or some where crowded talking to Skinner(???) with her mask under her nose. They really need to take this seriously.

I don’t believe they isolated prior to flying out. I’m sure I read somewhere of a farewell party for one of them (which in fairness, I don’t think was Kara)

Delta variant is reportedly much more contagious and transmission via airborne “contact” is far more likely. Source may not be a teammate. 🤷‍♀️

Are the alternates and team members training together? In the past, I believe they were separated.

Yes, they unfortunately were training together, but the six team members are in the athlete’s village now. I’m trying desperately to be rational, but I have a bad feeling that someone on the team is going to test positive before Sunday.

Last edited:
According to Cecile on twitter, they’re not staying in the village itself, but in a hotel quite close to it. Not sure of the rationale for that. Maybe easier to stay isolate from everybody else?

They didn’t all isolate that is for sure.

Desert Lights held a huge party for Skinner with a packed gym, she competed her routines in a “mock meet”. This was the day before they left for Tokyo. Skinner commented that the hardest part about making the Olympics was “packing for the Olympics”.

It was posted/retweeted all over Lisa Spini’s Twitter.

Poor Kara. I know she probably wouldn’t have competed anyway, but so disappointing to have it be covid making the decision for you.

That seems like a very smart idea. Unfortunately, I think other sports in the US itself have been managed better, too. Like the swimming team had been at a camp in Hawaii.

The official word is
I’m going to be honest, if it is Wong, I would be pissed as hell that my Olympics may be over because of close contact with her because they refuse to have her vaccinated.
Ooooooh
Isolated in my hotel room because of her
Oooooooh
Just being honest
Honestly, I would also be mad at USAG for letting her
I agree completely. USAG, USOC, IOC should not have allowed one single unvaccinated athlete anywhere near Tokyo. Its outrageous and insane.

Last edited:
I was just about to say the same thing.
I have a feeling this is going to turn into a hot mess
Please don’t turn into a hot mess
I beg you not to turn into a hot mess
well, it was a high risk situation from the onset. And managed very poorly.

They didn’t all isolate that is for sure.

Desert Lights held a huge party for Skinner with a packed gym, she competed her routines in a “mock meet”. This was the day before they left for Tokyo. Skinner commented that the hardest part about making the Olympics was “packing for the Olympics”.

It was posted/retweeted all over Lisa Spini’s Twitter.
This entire thing is beyond my comprehension. But the way covid is being managed these days is ALL beyond my comprehension. Lets just all, starting with the CDC and our various Governors – Democrat ic and republican alike – pretend the pandemic is behind us and we can all take off our masks and stop social distancing. Sorry, but I am furious on so many levels I do not even know where to begin.

England has just done the same- no masks, stop all distancing.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that around 80% of people were still masked in the supermarket and 100% on the bus today.

I 100% agree with you, I think we just live in such a litigious and fractured society that even if the USOC could legally enforce that rule, it would be a complete shitshow to put it into practice. 😦

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back