Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Danusia is another one with Polish heritage. I remember her mum saying at some point after BG had pissed her about that she could look into representing them, but for whatever reason it evidently didn't happen.

Danusia is another one with Polish heritage. I remember her mum saying at some point after BG had pissed her about that she could look into representing them, but for whatever reason it evidently didn't happen.
I think it was a combination of continental quotas and that the Jamaican sports federations across all sports actively recruit Jamaican heritage athletes. The Polish fed has never had much money, I always remember in 2004, their junior team at euros were sleeping in a camper van in an Amsterdam car park.

I think it was a combination of continental quotas and that the Jamaican sports federations across all sports actively recruit Jamaican heritage athletes. The Polish fed has never had much money, I always remember in 2004, their junior team at euros were sleeping in a camper van in an Amsterdam car park.
Yiiiiikes

Does Phoebe Jakubczyk have Polish parent/s? Wonder if she ever considered competing for Poland
She eligible, no idea if she ever explored it but NCAA was always her main goal.

A lot of top british gymnasts have 1 or more nationality eligiblity.
Tweddle: South Africa
King: Thailand, USA
Whelan: Singapore
Francis: Jamaica, Poland
Fragapane: Italy
Jakubczyk: Poland
Kinsella: Ireland
Gadirovas: Ireland, Azerbaijan
Achampong: Ghana

Jen Sey has launched a new line of athletic wear with, erm, a distinctly terfy flavour:

It doesn't say so in the clip, but the focus appears to be to keep transwomen out of women's sports.

She appears to be gunning to become the Naomi Wolf of gymnastics. 😬

Jen Sey has launched a new line of athletic wear with, erm, a distinctly terfy flavour:

It doesn't say so in the clip, but the focus appears to be to keep transwomen out of women's sports.

She appears to be gunning to become the Naomi Wolf of gymnastics. 😬

Yikes.

I don’t think using words like “terfy” are appropriate here and the responses feel very political.
Unless this discussion is genuinely about the launch of a sports wear brand that doesn’t appear to be aimed at gymnastics, I would like to make the request that it doesn’t continue publicly.

I agree with @MaryClare.
We can leave it to the social media post itself as a sportswear line.
There really isn't much discussion more about it.
Jennifer Sey has a particular belief that not all of us will agree with, but some of us might.

If the need arises for further discussion about the topic then it should go to private messages please and thank you.

Alright, I'm going to say one more thing about this and I will happily shut up and/or remove this post if the mods find it inappropriate. I got the information from my initial post from a Forbes article. I didn't particularly want to share the article because I found it strongly editorial (i.e., slanted) and it's difficult to separate the author's views from Sey's. That said, unless the author is wildly misframing the company, I think there is enough information to conclude that this is an anti-trans enterprise.

Again, happy to remove this if it's deemed inappropriate.

Alright, I'm going to say one more thing about this and I will happily shut up and/or remove this post if the mods find it inappropriate. I got the information from my initial post from a Forbes article. I didn't particularly want to share the article because I found it strongly editorial (i.e., slanted) and it's difficult to separate the author's views from Sey's. That said, unless the author is wildly misframing the company, I think there is enough information to conclude that this is an anti-trans enterprise.

Again, happy to remove this if it's deemed inappropriate.
Yeah, that’s kind of the issue when it comes to political discussion. You’ve admit that you didn’t post the full article because you deem it bias, and have assumed that your viewpoint on the subject is the generally accepted one.

I guess she realized no one cares what she thinks about public health. So she's transitioned back to apparel and sports which she actually has expertise in.

On a different note, anyone see KJ Johnson post after SEC? She has re-worded it to be slightly better but she originally posted her with the SEC trophy and the tagline "hit that hoe". LSU promptly reposted it, of course. She has since changed it to "hit that thang" (keeping in line with the ghetto slang). Idk, everytime I try and want to like LSU and the gymnasts, I get this. LSU just really puts that culture vibe out, "win at all costs, we don't care, the louder the more in your face the better". Kinda like those 80-90s Miami football teams.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back