Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Is she supposed to be Olga Korbut?
It made me remember this old movie from 1974.

I did not get the impression from the media release that any of the characters portray real people. I think each episode is a fictionalised drama set in a different sport each time. I could not imagine Melnikova playing Korbut, they do not look similar.

Is Melnikova doing okay?

She was noticeably smaller at Russian Cup last year, and now the picture of her for the TV show looks like things have ..continued to progress in that direction.

Is Melnikova doing okay?

She was noticeably smaller at Russian Cup last year, and now the picture of her for the TV show looks like things have ..continued to progress in that direction.
Did you see her at Russian championships last month? She looks normal to me. Her gymnastics wasn’t at its absolutely best, but she seemed very strong. She is on holiday in Thailand at the moment

Did you see her at Russian championships last month? She looks normal to me. Her gymnastics wasn’t at its absolutely best, but she seemed very strong. She is on holiday in Thailand at the moment
She did look more like herself at this years championships. Maybe she was just sick or something last year and this picture for the show was taken closer to then.

Is Melnikova doing okay?

IIRC Melnikova said during that pre-Tokyo Olympic Channel program (with Chen Yile and Morgan Hurd), that she was eating less during Covid times because she was not exercise as much. And in the scene when she returned home, she didn’t eat the piece of cake her mother gave her.

It doesn't help that the leotard she has on in the picture (just wanna say that Soviet style of leo was always my favorite- love it and hope to see some yarn!) is a bit too big for her. Baggy arms.

Last edited:
Her mom did “just” a double layout to punch front… Sabrina did a full twisting DLO into the punch front… her mom‘s version looked much safer than the daughters!

Her mom did “just” a double layout to punch front… Sabrina did a full twisting DLO into the punch front… her mom‘s version looked much safer than the daughters!

Not to mention she did it on a floor mat that is the equivalent to a dining room table comparatively to today’s floors.

Definitely. It's not the highest punch front the world has ever seen, but it looked very safe and secure. Not at all scrambled. On an 80s floor, that's impressive.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back