Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah she could lose the first full pirouette couldn’t she as she repeats it before the dismount. I think some of the handstands would get deducted so it would be good to lose some of those. The half turn on low bar needs to go . A shap half back up would be better if she could get that instead.

She does an in-bar full pirouette first and then a toe-on. I would drop the in-bar since it’s done is isolation, plus it finishes really late. At least the toe-on is directly connected to the dismount.

I’m still scratching my head over this routine. All that work for a 5.9? As a junior? Go slightly lower difficulty with much smarter construction. With all those short handstands and late pirouettes, she’s not going to be anywhere near a 8 e-score internationally.

I kind of hate myself for typing the above. A Def! a Deltchev! But the code as currently constructed is not going to reward innovation and uniqueness. And if you want to win, or even score well, you have to play the game that the code dictates.

I’d love one of our resident judges to give us there take on this routine.

It does indeed, although I don’t actually think its terrible that the code doesn’t want a dozen casts and incentivises work that flows better than this set. But there should still be room to do that and reward releases of this difficulty. It’s not like a deltchev is inherently less suited to well flowing bar work than a jaegar. Look at how Piskun did it.

I kind of hate myself for typing the above. A Def! a Deltchev! But the code as currently constructed is not going to reward innovation and uniqueness. And if you want to win, or even score well, you have to play the game that the code dictates.
I hate all of us too, because OMG!!! but also… that E-score is more like 7.0, not 8.25, geez… And it should include two separate -0.5 pirouetting deductions (the in-bar full and the KCH half turn), no? I wish she could do a little glide kip half turn on the low bar, but that’s not allowed anymore is it? I could die happy never seeing a gorgeous bar worker struggle through a dreaded KCH 1/2 turn.

I mean surely these coaches weren’t born yesterday and have her training Maloney-style transitions; perhaps it’s a structural issue with her size/strength – she is still tiny enough to swing men’s high bar style tap swings between the bars.

Anyway… COOL!

Last edited:
Wow! He still has some upper body strength. Meanwhile, my biceps get tired carrying the laundry basket from the basement to my bedroom on the second floor.

USAG just uploaded a video of the 1990 Chunichi Cup, the scene of Kim Kelly’s legendary routine. So if you want to see some of the other routines and go down 1990 TV ad memory lane:

I am glad they are back to uploading older broadcasts…they had stopped for a while.

such a shame that onodi stopped doing the three element acro with the onodi at the end… I love those b-c-d series. We’ve only ever seen bhs-loso-onodi/rulfova right? well and the super komova of course.

ps. Baby Lysenko doing a bhs-loso and wobbling is EVERYTHING. This beam is not obeying her.

Gymnastics most obnoxious Olympic silver medalists are both expecting babies

We should start a pool on baby names. Brigham for a boy. Hannah Sara Esther for a girl. Three names because it’s extra.

Last edited:
Hannah Sara Esther for a girl. Three names because it’s extra.
I live in the south. I work at an independent school (for just a few more weeks, thank Pod). The number of girls with double and triple names is insane.

I have 3 given middle names plus a patronym and both parents surnames on my British documents*
On my Russian documents it’s a case of THREE NAMES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THANK YOU.
  • Literally none of these names are Mary or Clare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back