European Gymnastics judging webinar

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Sanzhirovka

Reaction score
Did anyone attend yesterday?

I'm wondeirng if the slides be available anywhere to download?

i'm looking for all the ones with value changes for skills or deleing skills, moving them etc.

Thanks

Did anyone attend yesterday?

I'm wondeirng if the slides be available anywhere to download?

i'm looking for all the ones with value changes for skills or deleing skills, moving them etc.

Thanks
Yes, I have participated in both days (one more to go). When it's over, I'll try to compile my screen-shots with what you want.

Yes, I have participated in both days (one more to go). When it's over, I'll try to compile my screen-shots with what you want.
Thanks so much!

Also - can you ask questions there? Maybe they'd respond to making the pdf available?

Aaaaand - if they do allow questions and you want to be :

a) evil - ask them if it's really true that a double piked Arabian is and F while a double piked Arabian with a half out is worth E. Apparently it is!!

Because they are saying the OLIVEIRA is now the same as a full-in double pike ... So, I'm guessing a double Arabian tucked is the same as a tucked full in ??? And neither count as forward tumbling skills any more (I can live with that, okay)

b) really, really evil - ask them if - since they are deleting bars skill 2.203, the Montell because I guess body parts are not above horizontal, will they also be deleting skill 5.307 on bars (let them look it up on their own!)

I just noticed European Gymnastics YouTube channel has the replay of their aerobics webinar, so hopefully they’ll post this one, too!

I don't think you should ask other forum members to troll Lyubov (Burda) Andrianova.

Even if you have a point... My copy of the COP didn't even have the "Montell" in it, but it was full pirouette on the backswing, yes? Are you sure it was removed for the reason you said? Or did it simply get overlooked when the code was revised?

BTW, I agree that the double arabian piked half out should still be an F.

Maybe the piked full-in should be an F, too. It's so hard to do without deductions.

I don't think you should ask other forum members to troll Lyubov (Burda) Andrianova.

Eh, you know I was kidding )))

But yeah, the reason given for removing the Montell (and it is definitely removed) was something about body parts not being above horizontal.

And if someone does do it, then if they do get body parts above horizontal, it will count as a devalued giant swing with 1/1 turn. Something like that, but I don't have the slides.

With the same reasoning now if the swing after a shapka with 1/2 turn on the bar (to prepare for a Yezhova) that leads to a tap and transition to the low bar fails to go above horizontal, then I think it's going to not count, but rather be an "intermediate swing" and break any connection.

This is all such a busybody way to deal with swings that don't have amplitude.

Seriously — a couple degrees off and you get a 0.5 deduction????

This is one slide I did get:

swing.png

I guess the video was actually a video showing this, but obviously I can't play it in a screenshot.

And to be honest, I undeerstand what they are getting at - those lame 1/2 turns just to get at Yezhova connection is about the worst way possible to fulfill the reverse grip requirement. imo, they're just awful.

Here's the slide for the Montell, too:

montel.JPG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back