FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tour jete 1/2 is called a Strug. I had to look this up because most of the time people are talking about a Gogean, which is a tour jete full.

I would do away with turns, leaps, and out of bounds. It's all so unnecessary. Keep the dance and focus on artistry. Maybe have a turn / leap requirement. But the difficulty assigned to them and downgrading is so asinine. A square is literally the stupidest shape for a floor. Maybe it worked when it was cartwheels and double fulls, but seriously.
Yeah, my solution is also something like this: one connected leap pass of difficulty and a solo jump or turn of difficulty.

I saw the scores before seeing the video and that was a better performance than I anticipated based on the score.

I think there's a simple solution: dump the leap "passage", which is a total disaster. 10 Chassés in a row is not dancing.

Instead, make a simple rule: –0.1 for not dancing into or out of a dance element (leap, jump, hop, or turn)

seriously, why were her coaches letting her get out the flag and start prancing around? such a miss on behalf of the adults around her.
I don't even know why gymnasts are even allowed to go up on the podium for their celebrations now. They didn't do that in 2000 or 2004. I remember Raducan and Patterson being lifted by their coaches.

Clearly the adults around Ana are doing a better job. Although I can't help but wonder if she is a little relived that the rabid Sabrina fans are now directing hate elsewhere for a change.

Sabrina seems like Romania's Skinner in development- treated as something special by the adults around her regardless of performance.

The NBC edit doesn't make it sound like as much of a shit show, but they're also saying voinea did not go out of bounds. Saying it was basically the coaches fault for not challenging the score.

Well, watching the replay, who put in the inquiry? Both Landis were sitting there with her when the score showed up...

Like do they have the wad of cash at hand the second the score is shown?

ETA: Jordan's minnie mouse voice is going to be funny forever.

Hoo boy, Voinea did for sure no go OOB and Chiles’ Gogean was for sure not around. Those NBC angles confirmed it. Yikes.
Holy CRAP. It wasn't contested about that incorrect .1 for Voinea??? How can that not be contested after the fact!? She is the rightful Bronze medalist.
After tonight's coverage, I really think they got the bronze medalist wrong.

I thought there was an OOB called in the men’s floor final that also involved a heel that didn’t touch the ground, but I’ve already forgotten who this was.

Really a pathetic day of judging to go along with all the gymnastics issues today.

Impossible. How could that be rejected? I don't think this story is over.
Because the only thing an inquiry changes is D score. There is no mechanism to reevaluate E or ND.

It isn't right but those are the current rules. Maybe this will bring about change. And you can't say what would or would not happen with different scores. Maybe Jordan would have one less step knowing she needed to be even more perfect (maybe she would have splatted from nervousness, no one can say.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back