FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the inquiry wasn’t about the gogean. It was about the tour jete half. Or is that the same thing?

It was on the split full no? They gave it as a C when it’s a D

This is all talking about the same thing. The Gogean is a tour jete full. Chiles only has one turning split leap in her routine.

But this surely can't be it? There is no way in hell this is rotated?

I would do away with turns, leaps, and out of bounds. It's all so unnecessary. Keep the dance and focus on artistry. Maybe have a turn / leap requirement. But the difficulty assigned to them and downgrading is so asinine. A square is literally the stupidest shape for a floor. Maybe it worked when it was cartwheels and double fulls, but seriously.

How are these things judged anyway? Is the rotation measured from the direction the feet are pointed to the direction upon landing? Do gymnasts sometimes pre rotate the way skaters do?

Has it beeen consistently deducted at her other competitions? If so then not deducted today blame the judges.

Has it beeen consistently deducted at her other competitions? If so then not deducted today blame the judges.
And they had the chance to rejudge it and went with it being good on second look.

Is this a case of if it’s within so many degrees, it’s considered complete? I’m just trying to figure out how they came to their conclusion. Do they watch it in slo-mo? Frame by frame? Or just go with general vibes?

Reading on Reddit that there was some argument over Lieke Wevers getting a 0.3 OOB in qualifying rather than a 0.1, which ultimately knocked her out of the AA final. I really want to see the photo for Voinea now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back