FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that they should award multiple medals. I know the IOC hates ties but the do happen. I remember two gold medals for high jump(?) in Tokyo.

The IOC has recently covered up positive sopping tests and allowed those athletes to compete and win medals in Tokyo (search Chinese swimming scandal) and told the USOPC to shut up about it. So I don’t really care about the way the IOC feels about ties and multiple medals.
They can’t award Barbosu and Chiles because Voinea is between them. It’s not about them not liking it, they can’t do it

!

Attachments

• IMG_2210.png
    IMG_2210.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 125
In real time, Voinea seemed off balance on her turn into the corner, and I swore that her toes brushed the blue. Would have to see it from other angles though.

In real time, Voinea seemed off balance on her turn into the corner, and I swore that her toes brushed the blue. Would have to see it from other angles though.
Yep. This is my assessment too. Both at the time and closely rewatching

How much time did USAG/USOPC have to gather their own evidence of the time span of the inquiry and what was the evidence presented to say Cecile was 4 seconds over the limit?

Of course, if the last athlete up had the same amount of time as the others in the final to submit an inquiry, all of this would be moot.

That's not even close to oob.

Just get over the fact that she's Romanian. Think it's afanasyeva. Then tell me what you see
It is. The supporting foot is pivoting towards the line as she turns

When the choices are 2 Romanians and 1 American, whom I find especially annoying, you can guarantee I have no horse in this race.

The rest of you are all influenced by whom you want to win.

I want none of them to win.

@Denn Again - how would you react if the .1 ND had not been taken and an OOB would be visible after the fact.
I mean - you are clearly upset by the judge's mistake (which we do not even know for sure) although there was an option to inquire by the coach which they did not use.
I somehow have problems imagining your calm and rational reaction to a mistakenly not-deducted OOB.
This has happened many times in the past — including in the Paris Olympics. Nobody has flipped their lids about it, but even if one did, that doesn't mean that judges should contradict the rules and penalize gymnasts when they have doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back