FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you say that? Simone has nothing to do with their social media, and gave no indication that she felt wronged.

I swear to god the vendettas some people have against her.
Probably because she spends an inordinate amount of time on social media complaining about things people ask her, things people say about her, etc. She doesn't exactly scream "professionalism" there.

And legitimate criticism of someone's actions does not constitute a "vendetta." Really?

Probably because she spends an inordinate amount of time on social media complaining about things people ask her, things people say about her, etc. She doesn't exactly scream "professionalism" there.

And legitimate criticism of someone's actions does not constitute a "vendetta." Really?
I’ve never seen her complain about a score or result. She was nothing but happy and graceful to everybody. Either way it’s academic. If USAG had issue with a score they should have inquired at the time.

1. I am super happy for Ana. Based just on 'vibes' after all the routines occurred, I thought hers was the 3rd best of the night so her being awarded the bronze feels right. The way it has all occurred is awful but I have no complaints about her being a bronze medalist

2. Awful for Jordan. If the judges/officials just did their job correctly and followed procedure, none of this mess would have happened. As awful as her handed back bronze would be, I also don't think it's fair the person with the 5th highest score should have an Olympics medal. Hard to know what the right thing to do is.

3. No surprise about WCC's tweets. Expected even.

4. I feel for Sabrina but if the procedures have to be followed to the second for Jordan, then they also have to be followed for her regarding what she inquired. That's the most fair thing to do. I hope moving forward, we change how OOB's are inquired because I find it unreasonable to expect a coach to have a proper viewpoint of all 4 corners to know whether an inquiry should happen separately to the D score.

5. We also need something done with the line judging because it was awful this entire Olympics and just not good enough for a sports pinnacle event. 4 known mistakes is 4 too many. The sports deserves better there,

Whew, that blows that they are punishing the athlete for the screwups of the judges/federation/coaches. Though as I said earlier, if Jordan can manage it, she could really turn this into a thing. If she offered to award the medal and made a statement about how it hurts but she will always support fair play and she hopes to work with FIG to ensure that the mistakes made here don't happen again and while she is sad for herself, she is so happy for Ana, etc, she could really come out on top with this. Frickin' sportswoman of the year shoo-in stuff.

How is it legitimate criticism to accuse her of shadow posting through her gym's account when she has NEVER criticized another athlete, let alone one she BOWED to on the podium for this same result?

I'm sorry
One minute 4 seconds is one minute
If it says within 60 seconds that is something else

1. I am super happy for Ana. Based just on 'vibes' after all the routines occurred, I thought hers was the 3rd best of the night so her being awarded the bronze feels right. The way it has all occurred is awful but I have no complaints about her being a bronze medalist

2. Awful for Jordan. If the judges/officials just did their job correctly and followed procedure, none of this mess would have happened. As awful as her handed back bronze would be, I also don't think it's fair the person with the 5th highest score should have an Olympics medal. Hard to know what the right thing to do is.

3. No surprise about WCC's tweets. Expected even.

4. I feel for Sabrina but if the procedures have to be followed to the second for Jordan, then they also have to be followed for her regarding what she inquired. That's the most fair thing to do. I hope moving forward, we change how OOB's are inquired because I find it unreasonable to expect a coach to have a proper viewpoint of all 4 corners to know whether an inquiry should happen separately to the D score.

5. We also need something done with the line judging because it was awful this entire Olympics and just not good enough for a sports pinnacle event. 4 known mistakes is 4 too many. The sports deserves better there,
Who runs WCC social media?

I feel like the FIG really painted themselves into a corner when they refused to give Voinea the 0.1 ND back on the basis that her coaches inquired about the D, not the ND. At that point, they were stuck following every procedure to the letter, including the time limit on inquiries. Had they shown any leniency towards Jordan the Romanian federation would have absolutely exploded, and quite understandably so under the circumstances.

I feel really bad for Jordan. Imagine having to return a medal (if that's accurate). On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to keep it, either, with the way things have gone. She's no longer the official third place finisher, the medal has little meaning aside from being a pretty memento.

Who runs WCC social media?
No idea. Ive always thought it must be one of the rec coaches or one of the lvl 10s.

But they have always seemed a bit messy even when things go the way of a WCC gymnasts so no shock they are commenting out of turn in this situation.

I feel like the FIG really painted themselves into a corner when they refused to give Voinea the 0.1 ND back on the basis that her coaches inquired about the D, not the ND. At that point, they were stuck following every procedure to the letter, including the time limit on inquiries. Had they shown any leniency towards Jordan the Romanian federation would have absolutely exploded, and quite understandably so under the circumstances.

I feel really bad for Jordan. Imagine having to return a medal (if that's accurate). On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to keep it, either, with the way things have gone. She's no longer the official third place finisher, the medal has little meaning aside from being a pretty memento.
They can’t give Voinea back the 0.1 if she didn’t inquire it. They are stripping Chiles of a medal on the basis that she didn’t get her inquiry in on time. They cannot allow Voinea to retrospectively submit one, after having had the benefit of examining the video. Lots of athletes would like that opportunity.

If Voinea believed there was any chance that she wasn’t out of bounds, she needed to include the ND as part of her inquiry at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back