FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
For doing so and explaining my opinion as requested, I've been called xenophobic
Last one before i go out, you have not been called xenophobic for explaining your position. You have been called xenophobic for making assumptions about a whole country based on a very specific subset of people

I really think we should continue with the pecan-honey bar
Nope. A pint of Hagen Daz Bourbon Vanilla Bean truffle followed by a pint of Hagen Daz Salted Caramel and none of us will much care
What does a woman's safety in walking alone at night have to do with racism?
I remembered what Jenna Ortega, the actress, said about Romania while she was here filming for Wednesday(the Netflix show), it's relevant in the context of how racist and abusive some of you think that Romanians are.
I fail to see how.

I really think we should continue with the pecan-honey bar

IMG_6572.jpeg

Last one before i go out, you have not been called xenophobic for explaining your position. You have been called xenophobic for making assumptions about a whole country based on a very specific subset of people
Oh cmon. Don't go!!! We need your brilliant humor now more than we ever have.

What does a woman's safety in walking alone at night have to do with racism?
You could argue that unsafe environments lead to more racism. I think it makes sense. A climate where you are more anxious, that leads to seeing more threats that are not real and do stupid things that harm people.

Sabin Gherdan: "IOC President will give Ana the medal"

Victory?

Yes, half. Ana got what she deserved, but we feel sorry for Sabrina. If the Americans didn't succeed in lobbying so that we, and they, get the medal...

When does Ana get the medal?

I asked the International Gymnastics Federation to give it to us tomorrow. Maybe, but let's see what the procedure is.

And if they give it to you tomorrow, does she come with it to the country?

No, Ana has to go to Lausanne to receive it. There will be a ceremony, with a special podium, and the President of the International Olympic Committee, Mr. Thomas Bach, will hand her the medal.

What about the other medal in Jordan Chiles' possession?

He has to give it back. But there have been cases where athletes have said they lost the medal. It's happened.

He'll make another one for Ana.

Uh, yeah, sure. I think one will be ready tomorrow. It's hers, she deserves it. We fought for both our girls. Sabrina deserved it.

Tired?

Last call, then I'm going to bed. I got tons of messages. Everyone I know and everyone I don't. I'm exhausted, but I fought for Romania. And I go to sleep happy and satisfied.

Following the publication of the decision CAS OG 24/15 by the Ad Hoc Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), the FIG confirms that the results of the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Floor Exercise Final on Monday 5 August 2024 are amended in accordance with this decision as follows:

• The initial score of 13.666 given to Jordan Chiles (USA) is reinstated
  • The ranking of the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Floor Exercise Finals has been modified accordingly with Ana Barbosu (ROU) ranking third with a score of 13.766.

Nope. A pint of Hagen Daz Bourbon Vanilla Bean truffle followed by a pint of Hagen Daz Salted Caramel and none of us will much care
True, because we'll be distracted by the desire to vomit. But better to want to vomit due to ice cream than judging scandals, I suppose.

Since the games are still in play, it won’t be difficult to get another medal. They do have spares, but they are usually destroyed following the games. It’s much longer if they have to order a whole new one

You could argue that unsafe environments lead to more racism. I think it makes sense. A climate where you are more anxious, that leads to seeing more threats that are not real and do stupid things that harm people.
It would be the reverse. Racism creates unsafe environments. If a woman walking alone at night only feels unsafe because she sees a Black man walking around, she's not actually in any danger but her bias against Black people makes her feel unsafe.

I never said everyone in Romania is racist.

I said that there has been a parade of anti-Blackness and anti-American sentiment on display in Romanian social media this week and the Romanian Prime Minister has fueled the anti-American sentiment and both Romanian gymnastics officials and the Prime Minister have been complacent toward the racism. Given these factors, a joint press conference and medal presentation with USA gymnastics officials and Romanian gymnastics officials is not in the best interest of the U.S., and certainly not Chiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back