FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only difference is that you don't have the means to immediately kill somebody. That's not exactly a flex.
It is a flex that allows us to live more relaxed. Imagine being a cop working in an environment where anyone could kill you, that's why you get all sorts of neurotic behavior that often leads to innocent victims being killed. We do have plenty of other problems. Thank God guns are not one of them.

Oh, ffs, seriously? And now let's discuss how far the judges are seated from the coaches and the rest of the minutiae. It came down to 4 frickin' seconds?
That is nuts. Surely they can appeal that is discriminatory against the coaches who are disabled and surely she has some old gymnastics injury that slowed her down. WTH is this- the 100 meter olympic final dash or an inquiry?

That is nuts. Surely they can appeal that is discriminatory against the coaches who are disabled and surely she has some old gymnastics injury that slowed her down. WTH is this- the 100 meter olympic final dash or an inquiry?
Then when you consider that the final gymnast has half the time to submit an inquiry versus the rest of the field, all this over four seconds becomes even more ridiculous.

I think we need more to throw on the fire. And let’s find a floor routine video for Melnikova as well as Gadirova and see if either one of them could have won!!!
Well Jess’ score from 2022 worlds would have won gold, no?

I’m asking what you think Romania has said that has been anti American

"I remember very well how, under communism, the Russians used to steal from us at the Olympics, and we tried to argue with them without having much chance of winning." -Romanian Prime Minister

The sentence displays anti-American sentiment by drawing a parallel between the actions of the US gymnastics delegation and the perceived historical actions of the Russians during the communist era.

It establishes a narrative of the Russians as unfair and dishonest competitors who resorted to theft to achieve victory.

It then connects this narrative to the present situation, implying that the US gymnastics delegation's actions in filing an inquiry are similarly unjust and akin to "stealing." This equates the American delegation's behavior to that of the Russians under communism, painting them as engaging in similarly unethical practices.

By making this comparison, the Prime Minister implies that the US, like Russia, is acting in a manner contrary to the principles of fair play and sportsmanship, mirroring the actions of a regime known for its disregard for such values. This casts the US in a negative light and fuels an anti-American sentiment.
I’m asking what you think Romania has said that has been anti American

If we assume that the gogean WAS properly around (it wasn’t - but the AS thought it was, so let’s proceed).

The argument is that jordan should be denied a bronze medal because the judges made a mistake and her coaches were 4 seconds late in submitting an appeal to correct the FIGs error.

Now THAT is an inequitable result.

"I remember very well how, under communism, the Russians used to steal from us at the Olympics, and we tried to argue with them without having much chance of winning." -Romanian Prime Minister

The sentence displays anti-American sentiment by drawing a parallel between the actions of the US gymnastics delegation and the perceived historical actions of the Russians during the communist era.

It establishes a narrative of the Russians as unfair and dishonest competitors who resorted to theft to achieve victory.

It then connects this narrative to the present situation, implying that the US gymnastics delegation's actions in filing an inquiry are similarly unjust and akin to "stealing." This equates the American delegation's behavior to that of the Russians under communism, painting them as engaging in similarly unethical practices.

By making this comparison, the Prime Minister implies that the US, like Russia, is acting in a manner contrary to the principles of fair play and sportsmanship, mirroring the actions of a regime known for its disregard for such values. This casts the US in a negative light and fuels an anti-American sentiment.
I mean, none of that even mentions America. You are making a lot of assumptions here, including about yet another country.

If we assume that the gogean WAS properly around (it wasn’t - but the AS thought it was, so let’s proceed).

The argument is that jordan should be denied a bronze medal because the judges made a mistake and her coaches were 4 seconds late in submitting an appeal to correct the FIGs error.

Now THAT is an inequitable result.

It’s all moot because she never should have been within an inquirable distance of Voinea’s score in the first place, because Voinea never stepped OOB.

The wrong person now gets the bronze but the right person was never Jordan Chiles.

Except that Romania is a rock solid ally of the U.S. So really I think you should just drop this. Because you are trying to prove a point which just ain;t true.

This kind of controversy brings out the worst in everyone. Have some sugar, alcohol or a smoke.

This kind of controversy brings out the worst in everyone. Have some sugar, alcohol or a smoke.
It's nearly 22 here and I'm going out for the first time in months, so there's that to look forward to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back