FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea how Voinea's inquiry (re: out of bounds) was rejected? How did that part get summarily dismissed when everyone seems to agree Voinea is the rightful 13.800 bronze?

Again, your statement is false. The gymnastics judges were clearly on the American side. I don't understand why would you disagree with this.
You aren't posting facts but your personal opinion. People are allowed to disagree with your opinion. I don't agree with your opinion.

How is it clear they were on the American side?
Because they got away with it. Their complaint should have been rejected. At this point we don't even know when they submitted the complaint, so it could be a big time difference.

Anyone have any idea how Voinea's inquiry (re: out of bounds) was rejected? How did that part get summarily dismissed when everyone seems to agree Voinea is the rightful 13.800 bronze?
Voinea only inquired about her D score. She did not inquire about the ND. The inquiry for D score was denied. She cannot inquire about the OOB now because it is too late.

Because they got away with it. Their complaint should have been rejected. At this point we don't even know when they submitted the complaint, so it could be a big time difference.
That makes zero sense. Who got away with what?

Because not only has the ruling found in favour of Barbosu, it has specifically mentioned incompetencies in the judging

I was watching live and it seemed like the inquiry got accepted very shortly after the score flashed. i’m frankly surprised they didn’t file in time. it felt really quick to me.

I was watching live and it seemed like the inquiry got accepted very shortly after the score flashed. i’m frankly surprised they didn’t file in time. it felt really quick to me.
Especially if you watch the Aly Raisman in London video. That felt endless and Tim had a long time to explain what was going on.

Imagine a press conference where Jordan gives the medal to Ana.

Jordan would be hailed as an absolute hero. They can work this to her advantage, no question.
Nah, as a Communications Executive, I wouldn't give the Romanians the gift of more press.

Let them get their own little buzz in their country; the focus for the U.S. team should remain on supporting Jordan. There are other ways to boost her public profile.

That makes zero sense. Who got away with what?

Because not only has the ruling found in favour of Barbosu, it has specifically mentioned incompetencies in the judging
No, he was talking about gymnastics judges, not the CAS judges. Ana won because Romania decided to go to CAS over this. Otherwise she wouldn't have the medal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back