FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judges as in all gymnastics judges. Judges in a generic sense. I would not say judges if I meant the CAS.

My sense is that judges aren’t supposed to be on your side and you as a competitor or coach better know the details of the technical regulation.
But the gymnastics judges were clearly on the American side. Their response should have been to reject their inquiry because it was submitted too late. This was either corruption or incompetence that's why CAS had to step in and correct their error.

But the gymnastics judges were clearly on the American side. Their response should have been to reject their inquiry because it was submitted too late. This was either corruption or incompetence that's why CAS had to step in and correct their error.
Must be a language or cultural barrier here.

Can you imagine the shoe on the other foot? Not sure there would be any returning of medals..
Nah, I'm just bitter I got called crazy for suggesting Jordan get ahead of it and turn it into a publicity thing to her benefit and quite a few people agreed that I was crazy.

The whole situation is rough and I want to know how far outside the minute the appeal was just so we can up the level of insanity. Honestly, I figured they would dual award Jordan and Sabrina, Ana was not on my bingo card.

As of late?
a074b349-f483-4c0f-a3b3-76d98c336ee3.jpeg

Imagine a press conference where Jordan gives the medal to Ana.

Jordan would be hailed as an absolute hero. They can work this to her advantage, no question.
Maybe in a fleeting sort of way

Nah, I'm just bitter I got called crazy for suggesting Jordan get ahead of it and turn it into a publicity thing to her benefit and quite a few people agreed that I was crazy.

The whole situation is rough and I want to know how far outside the minute the appeal was just so we can up the level of insanity. Honestly, I figured they would dual award Jordan and Sabrina, Ana was not on my bingo card.
You were suggesting that without any sort of ruling, Jordan should give up her bronze to make people feel better. I absolutely agree that it would be to her advantage to very publicly give up her medal, in light of the ruling today

The judges aren’t on your side. You and your coach better know and follow the rules to the letter.
Again, your statement is false. The gymnastics judges were clearly on the American side. I don't understand why would you disagree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back