FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9807.jpeg

Nah, as a Communications Executive, I wouldn't give the Romanians the gift of more press.

Let them get their own little buzz in their country; the focus for the U.S. team should remain on supporting Jordan. There are other ways to boost her public profile.
I get that you’re disappointed for Jordan. But that comes across as very disrespectful towards Romania

In terms of reputation and endorsements, a press conference where Jordan gives Ana the medal and they hug and sing kumbaya would give her a boost. I don't think anything's going to make her feel better other than maybe time or a clearly won individual medal in 2028.

This is just ridiculous; Simone's routine was an absolute mess; there is no way she should have beaten Andrade. If anyone's score was too low, it's Rebecca's.
I do not care. I am totally irrational when it comes to Simone. I would submit my own inquiry now if I could. There. I said it.

I was watching live and it seemed like the inquiry got accepted very shortly after the score flashed. i’m frankly surprised they didn’t file in time. it felt really quick to me.
In keeping with the theme of incompetence at the FIG, I assume that other inquiries over the years have been filed over the limit. This is just the first time it has led to such a catastrophic scenario. If Jordan was first up and her score was changed, it would have received no attention.

The original judges at floor exercise did not follow the rules correctly. They are human beings and make mistakes expecting perfection is unrealistic.
Humans make mistakes of course, but that this appeal has highlighted poor practice within the judging is certainly concerning. However, that is not the same as saying that the judges have a bias

Voinea only inquired about her D score. She did not inquire about the ND. The inquiry for D score was denied. She cannot inquire about the OOB now because it is too late.

Yeah see this is some bullshit too that you have to pick what you inquire about. The routine is being re-evaluated by another panel of judges - if they have the right to further reduce your D score they should also be taking the time to correct objective judging errors like a wrong neutral deduction. Are you even allowed to inquire simultaneously? Didn't her D go down from 6.0 to 5.9 so they were rightfully concerned with that too and didnt have access to immediate video replay of her "oob" then of course they arent going to be empowered to make a correction to judging. It really does strike me that judges dont want the athletes empowered in any way to question scores, even when theyre clearly in the right. It's fucked.

Yeah see this is some bullshit too that you have to pick what you inquire about. The routine is being re-evaluated by another panel of judges - if they have the right to further reduce your D score they should also be taking the time to correct objective judging errors like a wrong neutral deduction. Are you even allowed to inquire simultaneously? Didn't her D go down from 6.0 to 5.9 so they were rightfully concerned with that too and didnt have access to immediate video replay of her "oob" then of course they arent going to be empowered to make a correction to judging. It really does strike me that judges dont want the athletes empowered in any way to question scores, even when theyre clearly in the right. It's fucked.
Whether it’s bullshit or not, it’s the rules and coaches should be aware of that.

You write down what you want to inquire and it’s done in one go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back