FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humans make mistakes of course, but that this appeal has highlighted poor practice within the judging is certainly concerning. However, that is not the same as saying that the judges have a bias
Well, time for them to upgrade their technology. Should be easy enough for the code to be written that won't even allow a review request to be entered if a minute has passed. (Of course, if I were a belligerent judge, I could take my sweet time pushing the button, then, oops, too late...) so, yeah, take a few humans out of the loop too.

I get that you’re disappointed for Jordan. But that comes across as very disrespectful towards Romania
Have your read some of the things the Romanians have said about Jordan and the US this week? Have you seen the racist vitriol being spewed on Romanian social media? If not, go do so, then lecture me again about respecting a nation that has put on a parade of anti-Blackness this week.

Well, time for them to upgrade their technology. Should be easy enough for the code to be written that won't even allow a review request to be entered if a minute has passed. (Of course, if I were a belligerent judge, I could take my sweet time pushing the button, then, oops, too late...) so, yeah, take a few humans out of the loop too.
Sure, but that’s a completely separate debate.

Have your read some of the things the Romanians have said about Jordan and the US this week? Have you seen the racist vitriol being spewed on Romanian social media? If not, go do so, then lecture me again about respecting a nation that has put on a parade of anti-Blackness this week.
Some of the things said about Jordan have been absolutely appalling. But to judge a whole country based on that? Plenty of awful things happen in the US, but that isn’t the whole country. Replicating their supposed prejudice with that of your own doesn’t make you the better person.

And saying this, I’ve “hated” Romania since 2003. Wayyy before it was fashionable

No.

Biles was never involved in any of this situation, so it's doubly bizarre that her own gym is trying to drag her into it.
It's bizarre in that it's got nothing to do with the bronze situation. If you're trying to draw attention away from how badly your coach fucked up and to kick off, it makes sense to bring in the GOAT to try and big yourselves up.

Didn't her D go down from 6.0 to 5.9 so they were rightfully concerned with that too and didnt have access to immediate video replay of her "oob" then of course they arent going to be empowered to make a correction to judging.
I don't know if Mama Voinea messed up or what. But I would have thought she would have gone for the ND inquiry and not D score inquiry.
Voinea's original D score was 6.2. She was credited with 5.9 in floor finals, but she purposefully watered down. Her third pass in TQ was a Chusovitina and she did just a tucked full in in EF. Her execution score went up but that was because she intentionally lowered her D score.

Some of the things said about Jordan have been absolutely appalling. But to judge a whole country based on that? Plenty of awful things happen in the US, but that isn’t the whole country. Replicating their supposed prejudice with that of your own doesn’t make you the better person.
I don't have to try to be a better person than racists. I know that I am, and I have no regard to your opinion on the matter.

I (and USA Gymnastics) also don't have to give a larger platform to a country that has spewed racism unchecked by their political officials and gymnastics leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back