FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a whole lot of difference between allowing a federation to contest if another federation's inquiry was done properly and if the inquiry was correct.

Their athlete also lost because an inquiry was inappropriately accepted--a clearly short skill was credited. Why do they get to appeal the actions of the coach but not the judges regarding another athlete? Both were harming them.

I do think the podium is correct now, but the damage done is huge. And it opens a really nasty door--there will now be someone from every federation timing every single inquiry by their competitors to see if it's even a second late, because then they can appeal on the technicality and get the medal redistributed. It opens a very nasty door.
Well it does say this which is why I'mk
I'm confused about the highlighted part.
Allowing Romania to complain about Jordans inquiry but seem to contradict these rules? Maybe I'm missing something..

Attachments

• IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 34

Allowing Romania to complain about Jordans inquiry but seem to contradict these rules? Maybe I'm missing something..
this was my earlier point

it seems they can complain about the FIGs decision to accept a late inquiry from another federation.

they’re not contesting another gymnasts score. they’re contesting the FIGs actions

I couldn’t find anything specific but this section in coaches’ responsibilities:

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpeg
    IMG_1529.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 20
Ana Maria Barbosu, first reaction after the CAS ruled in her favor: "I don't even know what to say"

"Wow! I don't even know what to say. You got me so quickly. What I can say is that I thank from the bottom of my heart the coaches, the Federation for standing by me and for continuing this fight at the CAS level. I am very happy. Thank you to my parents, my friends and everyone close to me.

I did nothing else at this competition but to do my best and I can say that I can't wait to get my medal!", Ana Maria Bărbosu told Orange Sport.

You are missing something. They didn’t complain about the inquiry. Jordan’s performance is totally irrelevant here. They questioned the validity of the inquiry ie was it conducted within the rules. It wasn’t

You are missing something. They didn’t complain about the inquiry. Jordan’s performance is totally irrelevant here. They questioned the validity of the inquiry ie was it conducted within the rules. It wasn’t
I understand the distinction that you're making. But I don't think the language of the rule is as specific as your interpretation.

The judges aren’t on your side. You and your coach better know and follow the rules to the letter.
What judges? The ones that accepted their inquiry and gave them the bronze? They should have rejected their inquiry because it wasn't submitted on time! CAS is a different beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back