FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fine with this. Ana gets a bronze, Jordan loses a bronze, BUT still leaves an Olympic champion. That floor bronze means far more to Ana and Romania than it does to Jordan.
It still leaves the issue of Sabrina’s incorrect ND. The fact her inquiry didn’t ask about it doesn’t make it go away.

I’m fine with this. Ana gets a bronze, Jordan loses a bronze, BUT still leaves an Olympic champion. That floor bronze means far more to Ana and Romania than it does to Jordan.
I kinda agree, but I don't think they should take her medal away. I wish the masses would understand these medals are huge for the smaller countries. That was one of the things that upset me in the first place.

Last edited:
And I wanna make sure I’m understanding that the last competitor only has a minute yet everyone else has two minutes?
That's what it sounds like. I'd like to know when the one minute starts to accrue.

Ana is the rightful bronze medalist, but stripping Jordan’s medal is nothing short of cruel. You shouldn’t be projecting feelings onto both Jordan and Ana.

I think that's 3 votes for shitshow, any more? We are aiming for the gold here.
My mom and I are both in agreement. She's as irate as I am, which is saying something because usually she couldn't care less about gymnastics.

Unfortunately for her, it does mean that it goes away. She didn’t inquire within the rules of the competition, just as Jordan didn’t.
Right. If they're reinstating Jordan's 5th place standing and potentially stripping her of her bronze for not inquiring within the one-minute limit, then Sabrina's appeal of her ND also is to be rejected since it wasn't inquired within the limits. The ND might be incorrect, but that's not what Mama Voinea appealed at the time.

Ana is the rightful bronze medalist, but stripping Jordan’s medal is nothing short of cruel. You shouldn’t be projecting feelings onto both Jordan and Ana.
I agree about Jordan's medal, but people have been projecting their feelings on all 3 gymnasts this entire time.

God, what a terrible situation. It's the right decision in the end, and almost everyone could have the final happy if they'd sorted things out in a timely manner. I feel really terrible for all the gymnasts involved. Ana missed her medal ceremony and went through an unnecessary week of grief. Jordan may lose her medal and has been dragged through the mud on social media. Voinea was let down by her coaches.

Basically, Ana won bronze on a technicality.

Jordan’s Gogean possibly should have been credited, had she inquired according to the rules.

Sabrina possibly didn’t go OOB, and would have had her ND removed, had she correctly inquired about it

I kinda agree, but I don't think they should take her medal away. I wish the masses would understand these medals are huge for the smaller countries. That was what upset me in the first place.
you can’t have two gymnasts given the same medal with different scores. surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back