FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to clarify that the Romanian federation post on instagram specifically says

"1. The request registered by Ana Maria Barbosu is partially accepted.
2. The appeal filed by Jordan Chiles was filed beyond the 1-minute deadline provided by art. 8.5 of the FIG Technical Regulations and is determined to be of no effect.
3. The original score of 13,666 given to athlete Jordan Chiles in the final is reinstated.
4. The International Gymnastics Federation will determine the final ranking and award the medals in accordance with the decision above.
5. Other requests are rejected"

But I'm seeing other things said on twitter that it has to do with the Gogean receiving credit? I don't know which is true but my information came from FRG post on instagram.

Well I’m happy for Ana Barbosu. It makes me disappointed in the Landis. And Mama Voinea needs to learn the rules.

FIG needs to overhaul the system.

The Landis weren't going to be her coaches anymore regardless since they're leaving WCC.
That’s irrelevant. And only Cecile is leaving. Laurent is there until nationals next year. I mean, this is going to attract a lot of media attention and a lot of blame game

I think you are

I think you are quoting Ana's score there and not Voinea did not break 8 in E score

Yea, I knew she scored 13.8 and was going back in my head on what the D/E scores were without checking lol. Same total score.

I just want to clarify that the Romanian federation post on instagram specifically says

"1. The request registered by Ana Maria Barbosu is partially accepted.
2. The appeal filed by Jordan Chiles was filed beyond the 1-minute deadline provided by art. 8.5 of the FIG Technical Regulations and is determined to be of no effect.
3. The original score of 13,666 given to athlete Jordan Chiles in the final is reinstated.
4. The International Gymnastics Federation will determine the final ranking and award the medals in accordance with the decision above.
5. Other requests are rejected"

But I'm seeing other things said on twitter that it has to do with the Gogean receiving credit? I don't know which is true but my information came from FRG post on instagram.
The Gogean thing is nonsense. They can’t look at whether or not the inquiry should have been accepted, only if it was valid or not

Ana gets her bronze (rightfully), but she was robbed of her Olympic moment celebrating her medal.

Jordan has had bronze for days and went through medal ceremony, only to have it taken away.

Maybe they will learn not to post final results until all queries have been settled?

What a fucking shitshow. The only people who have suffered is the gymnasts. Unacceptable to have this happen.
The fans and the sport itself suffer. Because the validity of scores are now all in question (to some degree) and it really damages the legitimacy of the scoring of what is a subjective (and hence already questioned) sport. Anyway, I am glad its over, glad the right decision was made finally but very sad for Jordan.

2. The appeal filed by Jordan Chiles was filed beyond the 1-minute deadline provided by art. 8.5 of the FIG Technical Regulations and is determined to be of no effect
And I wanna make sure I’m understanding that the last competitor only has a minute yet everyone else has two minutes?

How can Romania inquire about the timeliness of Jordan’s inquiry?
The code only says you cannot inquire another gymnasts d score, it doesn't say you cannot argue a complaint was not filed properly.

I wonder if, seeing how i have yet to find a person who says the gogean was around, that played a role in their being so anal.

We need references and citations. Hopefully one of the bloggers or experts will post something?

Ana gets her bronze (rightfully), but she was robbed of her Olympic moment celebrating her medal.

Jordan has had bronze for days and went through medal ceremony, only to have it taken away.

Maybe they will learn not to post final results until all queries have been settled?
I was reading that if Ana or Sabrina would get the bronze medal, they will do a ceremony for them if the Olympics are not closed

The fans and the sport itself suffer. Because the validity of scores are now all in question (to some degree) and it really damages the legitimacy of the scoring of what is a subjective (and hence already questioned) sport. Anyway, I am glad its over, glad the right decision was made finally but very sad for Jordan.

Absolutely, you are spot on. I just find we are more removed from the decision. There is really no positive outcome for this.

What happens to the judges? And Donatella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back