FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t understand how romania are allowed to challenge jordan’s inquiry?

that’s expressly stated in the code that other federations cannot inquire about another gymnasts routine (and presumably by extension any appeal connected to that routine)?

it’s unfair to blame the Landi’s for this. that one minute time limit is unfairly harsh to the last athlete competing. I was watching it live and it seemed they appealed super fast.

Thank you very much and what is the rationale behind the last competitor, not getting the same amount of time? Not that I’m expecting logic from the FIG.

that’s expressly stated in the code that other federations cannot inquire about another gymnasts routine (and presumably by extension any appeal connected to that routine)?

it’s unfair to blame the Landi’s for this. that one minute time limit is unfairly harsh to the last athlete competing. I was watching it live and it seemed they appealed super fast.
Because they aren’t challenging whether or not she should have been given the Gogean or not. They can’t do that.

They have successfully challenged the validity of the inquiry ie it wasn’t carried out within the rules of the competition

The code only says you cannot inquire another gymnasts d score, it doesn't say you cannot argue a complaint was not filed properly.

I wonder if, seeing how i have yet to find a person who says the gogean was around, that played a role in their being so anal.
well of course the gogean appeal shouldn’t have been accepted. the issue is whether romania has standing to complain about the timeliness of jordan’s inauiry

it appears that they do…

but that’s not ROMANIA’s appeal to make.
It is. Their athlete lost out due to an inquiry being accept when it’s against the rules.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Jordan’s performance.

Per the rules of the competition, her inquiry should have been immediately rejected for not being submitted within the allowed time

Your presumption is incorrect. Not being allowed to inquire regarding another gymnast's routine is separate and distinct from inquiring about the legality of an appeal or inquiry made by the gymnast's coach regarding her routine.

Your presumption is incorrect. Not being allowed to inquire regarding another gymnast's routine is separate and distinct from inquiring about the legality of an appeal or inquiry made by the gymnast's coach regarding her routine.
yeah i guess that’s right

so jordan has to hand her medal back?

wild

well of course the gogean appeal shouldn’t have been accepted. the issue is whether romania has standing to complain about the timeliness of jordan’s inauiry

it appears that they do…
I mean I have no problem with another federation pointing out something going wrong with the procedure in a given case, there must also be a procedure to complain in a case like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back