FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on… apologize if this was already explained somewhere( and I’m sure it was lol) and Google Translate may not have been the best but how is it fair that everyone else gets two minutes to inquire yet the last competitor only had one minute

Ok so apparently they said, if we're going to be anal about procedure, Jordan's appeal was wrong and so was sabrina's. Both these arguments sound incredibly petty to me, but at least consistent. So, yay?

The good thing is, we can rewatch the final and then just stop after chiles score is shown and that is kind of how it ended up going

Last edited:
It says it was proved during the Trial that Landi did not submit her inquiry in the correct time.

American inquiry is nullified, Chiles score of 13.666 is reinstated.
Oh Dear God. I'm thrilled for Ana, but devastated for Jordan. I wish they would let her keep her medal.

Why did this take so long? This should have been delt with immediately.

Hold on… apologize if this was already explained somewhere and Google Translate may not have been the best but how is it fair that everyone else gets two minutes to inquire yet the last competitor only had one minute
Whether it's fair, I won't go into that. That it is what it says in the technical regulations, that's true.

However, in the feed they change the score about 2 minutes after Jordan's is posted. I'm thinking maybe it was filed by the wrong person or some other problem

Oh Dear God. I'm thrilled for Ana, but devastated for Jordan. I wish they would let her keep her medal.

Why did this take so long? This should have been delt with immediately.

FIG and Americans kept postponing the Trial to get more evidence.

Ok so apparently they said, if we're going to be anal about procedure, Jordan's appeal was wrong and so was sabrina's. Both these arguments sound incredibly petty to me, but at least consistent. So, yay?

The good thing is, we can rematch the final and then just stop after chiles score is shown and that is kind of how it ended up going
I don’t think Sabrina’s appeal was wrong procedurally. She just didn’t inquire her ND, only the D score.

I don’t think Sabrina’s appeal was wrong procedurally. She just didn’t inquire her ND, only the D score.
Considering the fact that it is only in a helpdesk that is says that the nds are separately inquired into, I'm going to call that procedural. She is certainly right on the merits, so to speak

Arguing an objective neutral deduction is not the same as arguing E-score.

Voinea's E-score was 8.0, her D-score was 5.8, her total score was 13.800

Then -.1 was taken off the total score for no reason.

Chiles' E-score was 7.866, her D-score if you give her the Gogean, was 5.9, total score 13.766.

I don't care about appeals, times, credit for leaps. I don't care if they give out 1 bronze, 2 bronze, 3 bronze, or just throw all the bronzes in the trash. With the scores given by the judges for the routines done that day, Voinea was ranked 3rd. She never stepped OOB.

I think you are
Arguing an objective neutral deduction is not the same as arguing E-score.

Voinea's E-score was 8.0, her D-score was 5.8, her total score was 13.800

Then -.1 was taken off the total score for no reason.

Chiles' E-score was 7.866, her D-score if you give her the Gogean, was 5.9, total score 13.766.

I don't care about appeals, times, credit for leaps. I don't care if they give out 1 bronze, 2 bronze, 3 bronze, or just throw all the bronzes in the trash. With the scores given by the judges for the routines done that day, Voinea was ranked 3rd. She never stepped OOB.

I think you are quoting Ana's score there and not Voinea did not break 8 in E score

I have seen a photo - Reddit but no longer there - which looks like it wasn't Voinea's heel that went oob but her toes a second or two before as she stepped to the corner. Not clear on the veracity

According to the official results
Romania

ROU
MANECA-VOINEA Sabrina13.700
Difficulty5.900
Execution7.900
Penalty-0.1
Score13.700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads