FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're jumping to conclusions. The decision hasn't been made yet. No findings from the trial have been released yet.

They just sat through 5 hours of evidence showing the floor final wasn't judged correctly. It can also heartbreaking to be given a medal you didn't really win, even if you get to keep it.
it’s taken the shine off her bronze. thats for sure .

whatever happens, this is a major shitshow and just shows how poorly drafted the rules are. we have been saying it for years, they need to redraft the COP.

no one knows what the fuck is going on.

Not having seen the specific forms that have to be submitted I can’t say what they do. It just seems it would logically be a part of the process.
it’s my understanding that sabrina’s coaches appealed the d score, not the ND.

the issue, now, is the ND.

but they can’t argue now to amend the ND when they didn’t appeal it in time. surely

It's not a COP problem when you mark someone as OOB when they never stepped OOB though. That's what should have never happened to begin with. The judges were breaking their own rules marking her as OOB.

The rules also say if you stay in bounds your whole routine you don't receive a -.1 ND for going OOB. But here we are.
The rules also say a leg separation of shoulder width or more should receive a 0.3 deduction, but here we are.

You can use this logic for anything.

The issue is what can be appealed, what can’t be appealed, when can you make those appeals, and when can you not make those appeals.

Arguing an objective neutral deduction is not the same as arguing E-score.

Voinea's E-score was 8.0, her D-score was 5.8, her total score was 13.800

Then -.1 was taken off the total score for no reason.

Chiles' E-score was 7.866, her D-score if you give her the Gogean, was 5.9, total score 13.766.

I don't care about appeals, times, credit for leaps. I don't care if they give out 1 bronze, 2 bronze, 3 bronze, or just throw all the bronzes in the trash. With the scores given by the judges for the routines done that day, Voinea was ranked 3rd. She never stepped OOB.

Arguing an objective neutral deduction is not the same as arguing E-score.

Voinea's E-score was 8.0, her D-score was 5.8, her total score was 13.800

Then -.1 was taken off the total score for no reason.

Chiles' E-score was 7.866, her D-score if you give her the Gogean, was 5.9, total score 13.766.

I don't care about appeals, times, credit for leaps. I don't care if they give out 1 bronze, 2 bronze, 3 bronze, or just throw all the bronzes in the trash. With the scores given by the judges for the routines done that day, Voinea was ranked 3rd. She never stepped OOB.
The ONLY question is: Did Sabrina file a timely appeal to her OOB ND?

If the answer is no, then the result should stand.

Otherwise, everyone could file non-timely appeals against everything after the fact. It would be bedlam.

The ONLY question is: Did Sabrina file a timely appeal to her OOB ND?

If the answer is no, then the result should stand.

Otherwise, everyone could file non-timely appeals against everything after the fact. It would be bedlam.
Well, if the wrong person filed Jordan’s appeal… the whole point is moot too.

We have too many questions and no real answers and frankly, we might not get them. Let’s hope it’s an overhaul at the end.

Well, if the wrong person filed Jordan’s appeal… the whole point is moot too.

We have too many questions and no real answers and frankly, we might not get them. Let’s hope it’s an overhaul at the end.
Sabrina cannot bring a claim against the correctness of Jordan’s inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back