FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are reading into this. I hope they would not take Jordan's bronze away from her.

The Romanian lawyer said they can reach a settlement:) They won't take the medal from her.

" What conditions would have to be met for Ana Maria and Sabrina to receive bronze medals?

If we have a chance to win, as we believe we do, and the Americans realize this and know that they could lose their medal, then we reach a settlement and everyone will be happy. All sides will have to accept this approach from us. I hope the Americans will agree.

It would be an elegant solution for everyone to get out of this scandal.

Yes, I thought so when I drafted the request. I came up with this idea, which is now proving to be a good one. Colleagues have found another case, the Fanny Smith case, but that's only for two people. It's just that the field-of-play I was telling you about may be revised.

When do we expect the verdict, Mr. Gherdan?

No earlier than 7:00 p.m., but it's very likely to come tomorrow morning. And no later than the Olympic Games close. "

Attachments

• IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 39
jordan wouldn’t post that if they were simply adding one or two additional bronzes.

they’re re-allocating.

Surely they can’t do this? An appeal wasn’t timely. Per the rules, it must be submitted before the score of the next gymnast is flashed, right? Those are the rules I thought.

Maybe Chiles doesn't want her medal to be shared? Has she already said how she feels about this?

Giving two more bronze medals would be ridiculous. There is a clear winner. If Sabrina didn’t step out, and all the paperwork was submitted, then she’s the rightful winner. Letting Jordan keep her bronze keeps ppl happy and is prob the only “right” thing to do. But Ana, lovely as she was, shouldn’t get a bronze bc she was upset when she found out she was 4th. I get she felt confused, but we can’t give medals out based on feelings. She’s lovely.
I thought Sabrina’s OOB appeal was rejected?

There are 0% chances that the Romanians will insist to take the medal from her. They will reach a settlement. It's not just sports, it's also politics. We have a war at the border(Ukraine) and the Americans are our main ally. They will reach a settlement and everybody will be happy.

"Which of the three scenarios is the most plausible now, after the hearings?

The one with all three gymnasts taking bronze medals. We have the Fanny Smith precedent, but it's not identical. We're optimistic. We're still working to make it happen."

I read that Mama Voinea appealed the D score which was rejected and never appealed the OOB. BUT It seems to me they should have reviewed that?

I read that Mama Voinea appealed the D score which was rejected and never appealed the OOB. BUT It seems to me they should have reviewed that?
if they didn’t appeal the OOB then any appeal now is not timely.

if they allow a non-timely appeal re: the Oob now, which is against the rules of the code, they might as well rejudge everyone’s e scores too.
d9a9ead0-50ff-455a-9584-142e21d1c41d.jpeg

Not having seen the specific forms that have to be submitted I can’t say what they do. It just seems it would logically be a part of the process.

Not having seen the specific forms that have to be submitted I can’t say what they do. It just seems it would logically be a part of the process.
why wouldn’t an E score review also logically be a part of the process? if we are just disregarding the rules - let’s disregard all of them.

jordan wouldn’t post that if they were simply adding one or two additional bronzes.

they’re re-allocating.

Surely they can’t do this? An appeal wasn’t timely. Per the rules, it must be submitted before the score of the next gymnast is flashed, right? Those are the rules I thought.

You're jumping to conclusions. The decision hasn't been made yet. No findings from the trial have been released yet.

They just sat through 5 hours of evidence showing the floor final wasn't judged correctly. It can also heartbreaking to be given a medal you didn't really win, even if you get to keep it.

I am fuzzy as to the procedures and thinking from a pint of view that the judges are already reviewing the entire routine. They could lower the score from the review. Wouldn’t it be logical to review for anything else they may have missed?

I am fuzzy as to the procedures and thinking from a pint of view that the judges are already reviewing the entire routine. They could lower the score from the review. Wouldn’t it be logical to review for anything else they may have missed?
but which part would they review?

the d? the e? the ND?

all? some? none?

I have yet to see or hear a complete outline of the rules for an inquiry beyond an NBC video of another gymnast going through an inquiry.. Please give me a citation and reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back