FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Agreed. She is doing a good job saying the right things but it has to be a bit easier to be gracious and generous when the ruling is on your side. Still, not everyone manages even that so good for her.
She was gracious even before the ruling. When asked about the painful experience when she celebrated and then realized she was not in 3rd anymore, she said something along the lines "I don't recall there being an inquiry notice on the screen before I started celebrating, but I might have missed it". She never ever complained about being robbed or such, also said being 4th was a big achievement for her and she is proud of it, and that she wanted to be a good role model for young gymnasts (which she definitely is).
vs. Maneca-Voinea "That American woman in the second place was really good but I was better than the American in the third place"
ETA: I really hope Ana steers away from social media, because she's been attacked there by both Chiles and Maneca-Voinea stans.

Last edited:
Andy Memmel.png

Yep. Not quite sure what he was thinking, typing that there.
Wow, I always thought him a decent guy but that's really shitty thing to say. Nobody cheated here, that's about the only thing that's clear in all of this.

I hope Chellsie ripped him a new one. Seeing as how she possibly had a role in all of this it's even more inappropriate for her dad to be spouting off.

Wow, I always thought him a decent guy but that's really shitty thing to say. Nobody cheated here, that's about the only thing that's clear in all of this.

I hope Chellsie ripped him a new one. Seeing as how she possibly had a role in all of this it's even more inappropriate for her dad to be spouting off
Same, he’s gone massively down in my estimation.

There's also the location of the comment. If he wanted to indulge himself in conspiracy theorising, there are plenty of places on the internet that aren't an article about a direct quote from a teenager who's had death threats, and been a shining light of class and blamelessness in this mess.

I hope Chellsie ripped him a new one. Seeing as how she possibly had a role in all of this it's even more inappropriate for her dad to be spouting off.
Maybe Chellsie agrees with the comment

Romania thinks it has a long standing rivalry with USA gymnastics. Which the USA is completely unaware of, since Romania are about as relevant Belgium. Everything the powers that be in Romania have done so, they have done for political gain. They don’t care about sportsmanship or fairness. They’ve seen an opportunity, have been first out of the gates, and are seeing how far they can go with it

Romania thinks it has a long standing rivalry with USA gymnastics. Which the USA is completely unaware of, since Romania are about as relevant Belgium. Everything the powers that be in Romania have done so, they have done for political gain. They don’t care about sportsmanship or fairness. They’ve seen an opportunity, have been first out of the gates, and are seeing how far they can go with it
I don't think this is in any way about a Romania vs US rivalry.

If FIG gave FRG reason to doubt that the enquiry was legitimate, as they did by announcing it so late, FRG had a right to ask for information for an appeal. It's not about America.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back