FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This man has apparently represented many countries (i just went and checked his cv), I understand it makes for a good headline but I don't know if it will be more than that. Sadly can't read the article so I don't now if there is something more specific to it?

This is probably not journalists poking around. I would bet my last Ginger Beer that the U.S. fed them that story and is sitting on others to feed. The U.S. probably has (should have) an entire content calendar planned of leaked info and celebrity support. Same result, just different origin. The Swiss tribunal needs to respond expeditiously.
Wouldn't surprise me. This may be where the different resources available to both countries come into play.

Really, they'd be well advised to just give as many bronzes as needed to shut this up at the moment.

If everybody in the American media is screaming how unfair it is for Jordan, will they still give her the money for the bronze medal? Sabrina will get 60 000 euro for bronze from the government and I just saw the news that Tiriac will also give her a car(Hyunday Ioniq-5) worth about 50 000 euro.

Anyway, I think is great that the USA has won the Olympics once again. I don't know much about USA but I assume that you have these great results because most Americans are fit, athletic people who do sport on a daily basis. Good for you.

If everybody in the American media is screaming how unfair it is for Jordan, will they still give her the money for the bronze medal? Sabrina will get 60 000 euro for bronze from the government and I just saw the news that Tiriac will also give her a car(Hyunday Ioniq-5) worth about 50 000 euro.

Anyway, I think is great that the USA has won the Olympics once again. I don't know much about USA but I assume that you have these great results because most Americans are fit, athletic people who do sport on a daily basis. Good for you.
It’s great to see that you’re not bitter. Nope. Not at all. Not in the slightest.

?

These are the thoughts we try to keep inside our heads. For obvious reasons.

I'm not pissed. I don't really see where is the problem? They immediately announced here that they thought Sabrina was treated unfairly and the government decided to step in and help her. And the rest are facts about the prize money. I don't understand why they wouldn't do the same for Jordan. I think most people would think it's a good thing.

I mean, Jordan (whom I don’t even like. No, actively dislike) is worth millions and is likely going to graduate from one of the worlds most prestigious academic institutions.

I hope Camelia enjoys driving Sabrina’s Hyundai for lip fillers every Tuesday.
I get it , it's like with Simone , they are not the kind of people you in particular would like your daughters to look up to .

Last edited:
I get it , it's like with Simone , they are not the kind of people you would like your daughters to look up to .
I think that’s a bit harsh. Simone has plenty of admirable qualities, but there are aspects about her personality I dislike. Sections of the gymnternet seem to think that any criticism of the athletes is somehow unacceptable

I think that’s a bit harsh. Simone has plenty of admirable qualities, but there are aspects about her personality I dislike. Sections of the gymnternet seem to think that any criticism of the athletes is somehow unacceptable
It's literally what you said in another thread

Sometimes I feel like open discussions being critical of gymnasts' "personalities" (often racially charged, etc) should be discouraged as a discussion topic as much as politics is.
IIRC that was how some of the discussions about GAbby began back in 2015. There was criticism about her personality that led in other directions. It can quickly veer off in an unexpected and uncomfortable direction. It’s not banned but it’s something to be aware of.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back