FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Even though I’d prefer to switch first and second (curse those leap landings), that floor final is one of my comfort comps. Eight very different routines that I enjoy, eight gymnasts that made their mark on the Tokyo games. I watch it a lot. Can’t imagine I’ll be rewatching the Paris FX EF final much. I’m currently still on day one of my Paris rewatch.

At this point Clarence Thomas would have given a fairer hearing.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 34
Even though I’d prefer to switch first and second (curse those leap landings), that floor final is one of my comfort comps. Eight very different routines that I enjoy, eight gymnasts that made their mark on the Tokyo games. I watch it a lot. Can’t imagine I’ll be rewatching the Paris FX EF final much. I’m currently still on day one of my Paris rewatch.
My comfort comp is 2010 worlds team final

My comfort comp is 2010 worlds team final
That’s funny because that competition makes me a little sad that gymnasts like pavlova, khorkina, prod et al were never world champs( and much better gymnasts than most of the 2010 team).
But that team was so far ahead of everyone else, It took three falls for the US to be that close( I still can’t believe that they did not have a back up plan for Larson)

That’s funny because that competition makes me a little sad that gymnasts like pavlova, khorkina, prod et al were never world champs( and much better gymnasts than most of the 2010 team).
But that team was so far ahead of everyone else, It took three falls for the US to be that close( I still can’t believe that they did not have a back up plan for Larson)
Only 7 Russian gymnasts have won Olympic gold

Khorkina, Zamolodchikova, Mustafina, Melnikova, Listunova, Urazova. And err, Lilia Akhaimova.

Legend, legend, legend, possible legend, got lucky covid forced the olympics to 2021, decimated by injuries and the ban, and someone we'll all forget won a gold in 10 years.

I’m sad for Chiles but I feel better with this outcome performance-wise because Romania (as in Sydney, who exactly is messy) deserved the bronze medal. I still haven’t rewatched but that was my gut feel on the day as well. Perhaps my memory has exaggerated the other mistakes, but for Barbosu and Chiles it feels like right placement for extremely convoluted reasons.

Ugh it is highly depressing that we're looking at that to determine medals. Take them AWAY. (I.e., the leaps, not the medals)

this being said, barbosu's looks creditable right? What's with Romanians and the gogean? Is Gina infusing into them the spirit of the gogean?

Ugh it is highly depressing that we're looking at that to determine medals. Take them AWAY. (I.e., the leaps, not the medals)

this being said, barbosu's looks creditable right? What's with Romanians and the gogean? Is Gina infusing into them the spirit of the gogean?
Isn’t Gogean one of Barbosu’s coaches?

I am not sure why IOC just doesn't award a bronze to Chiles. Yes results matter and she is in 5th but this whole scenario is just fucked on so many levels.
It’s also going to lead to more journalists poking around trying to find further skeletons in the closet of both the IOC and CAS if they continue to drag their feet on this.

It’s also going to lead to more journalists poking around trying to find further skeletons in the closet of both the IOC and CAS if they continue to drag their feet on this.
This is probably not journalists poking around. I would bet my last Ginger Beer that the U.S. fed them that story and is sitting on others to feed. The U.S. probably has (should have) an entire content calendar planned of leaked info and celebrity support. Same result, just different origin. The Swiss tribunal needs to respond expeditiously.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back