April US National team camp & Jesolo (video at post 51/quick hits at post 52)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I really like this leotard for the US. Really loving the switch from GK to Ozone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 1.36.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 1.36.57 PM.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 8
I hated some of the GK ones. 2008’s USSA, the starfish boob. Some of the pink ones were vomitorious.

This Ozone deal is great.

Last edited:

Front 2/1 - Tuck Front 0.1
Layout
Front Full
Popa
Split Full to Switch Full
BHS

DAACA/CCD 0.1 = 2.1 + 1.5 = 3.6

She got a 3.5. Any idea what they didn’t give her?

She got a 3.5. Any idea what they didn’t give her?
Both the tour jeté 180° and the switch split leap 360° are problematic, but I would think she got the former at full DV and had the latter credited as a switch split leap 180° - she is clearly turned to the left at take-off and completes the turn on the floor.

Not at all. For the others it’s essentially a question of how many Olympians and alternates successfully come back. If four of Carey, Chiles, Wong, DiCello, McCallum and Lee are available I don’t see anyone other than Konnor being in contention. Listed in roughly the order I think are most likely to be around.

Yes, I think she said she’d like to, didn’t she? I had thought that as she doesn’t want to go for Paris it was more likely that she’d focus on college now, but a combination of a potentially weak field and a better chance at becoming a world champion changes that.

yes I think you’re probably right. although I think one of her feet was rotated on the switch full, which should give credit if you’re going by the “hips” and not preturn on the foot.

But the leaps! The switch half is not pretty, and the switch ring is… not. Why is it still in there? Just do something else!
Baffling to me that the US coaches still haven’t learned that simple, well-executed leaps will always net more than poorly done difficult ones. After the brutal judging on ring and other leap positions last quad, you’d think someone in the program would’ve gotten the memo by now but hélas…

Apparently Konnor said on social media that she can do them in practice. I suppose I can see how there might be a conversation to be had about experimenting with the switch half in minor competitions, but the bar for selecting skills in the ring position now has to be much higher than that. Nobody should be trying a switch ring unless they’re 200% sure.

I had wondered about that. She’s done several this year that were not even close, and if they were like that in practice I’d be shocked if Valeri would keep them in the routine. It’s a skill that requires confidence given the chance of it going sideways, so hopefully she puts some numbers on it when the pressure is off.

One step closer to synchronised swimming. At which point i will quit.

Thank god at least Celine van gerner is not competing anymore. That make up would have been too much

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back