American Classic 2024

American Classic 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Right. We've seen Gabby look terrible and then peak at the right time. I just hope she can put it all together.

Gabby would need a 13.7 on beam to qualify to Nationals here, so suffice it to say, she'll need to go to US Classic and try again there.
I can see the judges throwing a 13.7 to Gabby if she hits, which based on today isn’t a likely scenario.

Beam will be interesting.

Floor was never Gabby's best event, and the DTY kind of doesn't surprise me. Not to downplay the achievement of competing it again after nearly a decade. But if she were going to return to competition at this level rather than just give up, then the DTY is one of the skills you'd expect her to have got back. And then we've all just seen what's the craic with her bars.

Gabby clearly has clearly not put the numbers in. She’s in great shape, but it’s not close to there yet.
I don’t think it’s necessarily a numbers thing. I do think she needs more numbers than most to feel confident, though. And then when you remember this is her first competition back in literally 8 years. That’s a lot to ask.

So if she uses the 2-event score, she'll need to petition to do AA at Nationals?

Yes, or she does two events at Nationals and get an invite to Olympic Trials to do AA there.

She is going to definitely want to do US Classic.

Gabby can try to qualify AA at US Classic.

Usually , if you do 4 events but only qualify on 2 or 3 they won't accept a petition to compete AA. Usually. That's why Chelsie, Laurie, and Morgan all skipped AA at Classics last quad. You can show readiness on 2 events and petition to AA. Outright failing to meet the AA score will result in petitions being declined.

I wish she had been feeling well enough at the Winter Cup to get the nerves out. She doesn't have much time left to qualify for Nationals. 😢

I still give her major props for coming back to elite gymnastics.

Joscelyn was looking good until her Onodica. Her leaps don’t look near as bad in person.

Ashlee Sullivan and Lacie Saltzmann have both qualified to nationals. Jade was previously qualified, but her 55 here is a statement.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back