April US National team camp & Jesolo (video at post 51/quick hits at post 52)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I see Chiles making a run for it but highly doubt she would make the Team.
Her DTY alone would put her competitive on that event and she had the Tsuk Full which would allow her to make vault finals.
Bars has become a strength in NCAA and is a hole for the US. Her NCAA FX is competitive without too much upgrading.
If she retains her consistency that she had last year and with her NCAA routines, she has to be looked at favorably. Especially when the current US team is known for splatting.
She is definitely in contention for the World Team this year.

Even the hop full?

Honestly this exercise demonstrates the silliness of that rule. A couple of those were 95% of the way around and downgrading as opposed to simply deducting is actually a silly ask from the FIG.

Yep I would downgrade the hop 1/1. Jade’s got downgraded in Tokyo (cant remember which meet - maybe AA?) and this was no better than that.

It’s a C for a reason!

Yes I agree they were mostly around and there should just be a precision deduction when it’s a quarter turn short or less. The downgrading rules are ridiculous.

The D score for this exercise was credited at 5,2:

Double salto stretched - F
Full twisting double salto tucked - E
Double salto tuck - D
Double salto pike - D

Tour jeté 360° credited 180° - C
Hop 360° leg horizontal credited 180° - B
Switch leap 360° credited 180° - C
Popa - credited 180° - B

F 1 - 0 0,6
E 1 - 0 0,5
D 2 - 0 0,8
C 0 - 2 0,6
B 0 - 2 0,4

DV 2,9
CR 2,0
CV 0,1 (D salto + A salto direct)
DMT 0,2

D-Score 5,2

Last edited:
Watched it again and see she pre-spun it on the floor.

Side note, but I find it silly that’s an elite C. There are much harder Cs to do, the hop full is really not much more challenging than most Bs. This has been my opinion since it became more popular.

Last edited:
Side note, but I find it silly that’s an elite C. There are much harder Cs to do, the hop full is really not much more challenging than most Bs. This has been my opinion since it became more popular.
I think this is exactly why they’re going hard on it. You need to show the full turn completely in L. I think it is worth a C value when performed per the requirements. I wonder whether this is the reason why none of the Russians are doing it.

Now the Volleman shape (bent knee in “forward attitude” with hand support) - nope. They need to downgrade that shit ASAP. I actually think they already did?

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back