American Classic 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Can't even rely on the start list. Scores are popping up completely out of order.

And just a reminder, juniors need a 50.00 to qualify to nationals. That's a 12.5 average.

I wonder who is training the Hill's juniors if Kelli is done once Kayla is.

Somebody's coach just chilling on a beam blocking the camera view of a gymnast about to compete on beam.

Cynthia Shama is coaching upper levels and junior elites. If she's who I think she is, Cynthia has been there for close to 30 years.

With how scrappy some of these routines are, that might be a bit of a tall order.
I'm not watching, just keeping an eye on scores. Sounds like maybe the scores are generous?

Celia Frith-Carvalho doesn't quite have the flexibility to do a front aerial and I'm amazed she saved it with the way it was undercooked. A 10.100. Ouch. But two falls, a near fall, and big wobbles will do that. She needs an average of 13.3 on the rest of the events to reach the 50 qualifier.

Celia Frith-Carvalho doesn't quite have the flexibility to do a front aerial and I'm amazed she saved it with the way it was undercooked. A 10.100. Ouch. But two falls, a near fall, and big wobbles will do that. She needs an average of 13.3 on the rest of the events to reach the 50 qualifier.
She was doing Hopes this year. Got the junior elite qualifying score by .05. Can't imagine doing junior elite this season was a good idea. It's like Sophia Buechler all over again.

5.7 e scores sound extremely generous for 2 falls, a near fall, and lots of big wobbles. They're definitely trying to qualify as many juniors as possible to nationals.

Yeesh. Alessia Rosa needs to focus on her core otherwise she's in for a future of back injuries with the way she was whipping and arching on bars.

Was it Alessia Rosa? Taking a guess from what score just posted.

She was doing Hopes this year. Got the junior elite qualifying score by .05. Can't imagine doing junior elite this season was a good idea. It's like Sophia Buechler all over again.

5.7 e scores sound extremely generous for 2 falls, a near fall, and lots of big wobbles. They're definitely trying to qualify as many juniors as possible to nationals.
I don't understand the rush to have her do elite this year. Nothing is going on for the juniors given that the focus will be on the Olympics runup. She's not even senior-eligible until 2026.

Was it Alessia Rosa? Taking a guess from what score just posted.
Yep. I just edited my post. I'm out here Googling gymnasts because USAG can't do the basics of having a graphic or anything showing which gymnast is on what event.

I don't understand the rush to have her do elite this year. Nothing is going on for the juniors given that the focus will be on the Olympics runup. She's not even senior eligible until 2026.
I have my concerns about how Bull City is handling their elites and Hopes gymnasts. They're going wreck and burn these girls out before they ever reach senior.

Ally Damelio has promise on UB. Already has a stalder and a Gienger. 13.650 is huge score for a junior. I think she had a full-in dismount where most are doing a double tuck or pike.

That was one very wild double wolf turn on FX.

There really needs to be a serious discussion on how to match music to a gymnast's performance style on FX. Too many gymnasts have this upbeat music and they're positively anemic performing to it.

Charleigh Bullock has talent, but Capital needs to clean up her gymnastics. Very scrappy UB set.

I just watched three UB routines and pleasantly surprised by the execution and skill selection. I have no idea who the gymnasts were, though.

Looks like Frith-Carvalho has scratched the rest of the competition according to the scoreboard? She didn't look like she got injured on FX. Did she scratch prior to the start of competition or did they pull her because there's no way she's reaching 50?

Curious decision. If she's not injured, what's the harm in finishing the meet? But, again, I don't think much of how Bull City handles these kids.

Right. If she's fine, just finish out the meet, lessons learned, go back and work to improve.

Damelio nearly falls off beam mount. It kind of looked like her hand placement was off or her shoulders weren't square. Hands down on a wolf turn. Full twisting dismount.

Wow, who was just on vault? That was a fantastic Yurchenko vault (I missed on whether it was a single or double)! Great height, good distance, legs tight. Second vault I think was a Yurchenko timer. Also very good. Edit: I think it's Sadie Goldberg.

Last edited:
Huh, I think I missed Caroline Moreau's vault. I want to see that 9.050 E-score.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back