2024 Winter Cup

2024 Winter Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There's such a huge group of new seniors this year, but I can't see any of them being a real threat for Paris. I will be extremely curious how they look tomorrow. Maybe someone will surprise us with some huge improvements.

I like Ally Damelio's leo.

ally.png

The music selections for the Capital gymnasts have been..... interesting.

ETA: Tressel's music is absolute garbage, too. Ugh.

Turner FX. Insane save to connect that Switch Ring to the Split Full!

Reactions: LT2
Did Lavi Crain do some of Kara Eaker's beam choreo? It looked like something Eaker used to do.

ETA: lol.

Unfortunately, Lavi does not have the same form as Kara, but she is still very young.

This convention center setting is very underwhelming and blah.

Most of these juniors are very underwhelming and blah, so the setting fits.

Lots of raggedy gymnastics. I don't know how some of these girls qualified elite. Harsh, but I don't want to be watching splits no where near 180, bent knees on every skill, floppy legs and feet everywhere, chucking skills.

I really feel to advent of the Hopes program, and allowing any gymnast to test for Hopes, is doing a real disservice. We talked about it on another thread recently, and the gymnasts that didn't do Hopes and competed through level 10 often have better basics and form. Some gyms have level 8s doing Hopes, and the bulk of their time is spent on Hopes, not competing levels. It absolutely blows my mind.

Last edited:
Live scores seem to have stopped working. Because why would scores work in 2024?

Most of these juniors are very underwhelming and blah, so the setting fits.

Lots of raggedy gymnastics. I don't know how some of these girls qualified elite. Harsh, but I don't want to be watching splits no where near 189, beant knees on every skill, floppy legs and feet everywhere, chucking skills.

I really feel to advent of the Hopes program, and allowing any gymnast to test for Hopes, is doing a real disservice. We talked about it on another thread recently, and the gymnasts that didn't do Hopes and competed through level 10 often have better basics and form. Some gyms have level 8s doing Hopes, and the bulk of their time is spent on Hopes, not competing levels. It absolutely blows my mind.
I was about to say something similar. There's no standout here; the juniors that were are now seniors. It's early in the season and the year where the juniors will be on the back burner, but these are the ones setting up the next quad and it's looking a little bleak.

A lot of Cirque Du Soleil music tonight.

Lavi Crain is so extra with the hair accessories. Three scrunchies and a Leanne Wong bow.

Pease is beautiful, but I'm figuring Valeri will break her. Turner and Damelio have potential.

Even last year's juniors didn't wow me. Hang and Rose have stunning form, but not sure they have the skill level to be potential world AA medalists. With Rivera, it's a toss up who will crush her first, her dad or Valeri. Esponda is all power and no finesse (sorry, rylat).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back