2024 US Nationals pre-competition discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Do we have a streaming/broadcast schedule yet? I assume the junior/senior women sessions will be just streamed but will both Senior night sessions make it onto NBC or Peacock or just the second night? (and will the men even get a broadcast?)

Do we have a streaming/broadcast schedule yet? I assume the junior/senior women sessions will be just streamed but will both Senior night sessions make it onto NBC or Peacock or just the second night? (and will the men even get a broadcast?)

Broadcasts​

Times are CT
Saturday, June 1 – Senior Men Day 1 – CNBC (Tape Delay) – 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 1 – Senior Women Session 2, Day 1 – CNBC (Tape Delay) – 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 1 – Senior Men Day 2 – CNBC LIVE – 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 2 – Senior Men Day 2 – CNBC (Tape Delay) – 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 2 – Senior Women Session 2, Day 2 – NBC LIVE – 6:00-8:00 p.m.

Live Streaming​

Times are CT and subject to change
Podium TrainingFlipNow.TV
Tuesday, May 28 – 4:00-6:30 p.m. – Senior Men
Wednesday, May 29 – 9:00-11:30 a.m. – Junior Men
Wednesday, May 29 – 2:30-5:00 p.m. – Junior Women
Wednesday, May 29 – 5:00-7:30 p.m. – Senior Women
Competition
Thursday, May 30 – 1:30-4:00 p.m. – Junior Men Day 1 – USA Gymnastics YouTube
Thursday, May 30 – 7:00-9:30 p.m. – Senior Men Day 1 – TBA
Friday, May 31 – 1:30-3:30 p.m. – Junior Women Day 1 – USA Gymnastics YouTube
Friday, May 31 – 7:00-9:00 p.m. – Senior Women Day 1 – TBA
Saturday, June 1 – 1:30-4:00 p.m. – Junior Men Day 2 – USA Gymnastics YouTube
Saturday, June 1 – 7:00-9:30 p.m. – Senior Men Day 2 – TBA (in the U.S.); USA Gymnastics YouTube (outside the U.S.)
Sunday, June 2 – 12:30-2:30 p.m. – Junior Women Day 2 – USA Gymnastics YouTube
Sunday, June 2 – 6:00-8:00 p.m. – Senior Women Day 2 – TBA (in the U.S.); USA Gymnastics YouTube (outside the U.S.)

There's nothing that says she can't submit a petition. But as the rules are written, her case is extremely weak because, as you said, she competed AA at American Classic.

Chellsie is on the record saying one can petition, but an AA petition for someone who did AA but did not achieve the AA score would need very extenuating circumstances to get such a petition approved.

Well, ill admit I would like Gabby to have the chance to try it again but I'm not sure I really want/need to see it just yet. Maybe if she can show it in podium training for the people who matter, then do her 3 other events credibly 6/6, she'll still get an invite to trials where I think there are fewer rules.

Gabby could submit a petition but it will be denied.
Gymcastic spoke to Sacramone at US Classic, and Sacramone said if one attempts AA and does not make it but gets a 2 or 3 event score they cannot petition to do AA at Nationals.

Kind of crazy that Suni worked a loophole and Gabby did not.

I like what Jessica and Denis talked about. Let the athlete do the AA, but just not count the scores on the events they didn't qualify for, nor allow their AA score to be in the rankings.
Athletes shouldn't be penalized for attempting new skills or new routines.

I don’t think Gabby helped her case by pulling out of the competition at Classics either. If she would have pushed through the competition and made bars look like a rare fluke she may have given a little bit more credibility to a AA petition, idk. Maybe not.

Also, does anyone want to give me the low-down on the state of the MAG right now going into nationals? Predictions? Hopes? I only follow it starting now in an Olympic year 🤣
Honestly, I would be happy if the same team that went to Worlds last year and won bronze would go to the Olympics, but it really depends on who looks best at Nationals and Trials. Plus I feel like Brody Malone would replace Paul Juda, even if that's not necessarily what I wish.

I don’t think Gabby helped her case by pulling out of the competition at Classics either. If she would have pushed through the competition and made bars look like a rare fluke she may have given a little bit more credibility to a AA petition, idk. Maybe not.
The criteria posted this year stated that AA petitions would not be accepted if athletes attempted AA at a qualifier and did not get the 51.0 qualifying score.
Gabby scratched because after a 10.1 on bars there was no chance for her to get a 51.0 qualifying score with the other 3 events remaining. She also appeared rattled.

Gabby was also effected by flight cancellations, having to find a private jet, arriving last minute to Hartford. Then almost immediately compete. Sounds like just getting to the meet was a nightmare in itself and could be part of why she bombed bars.

Gabby was also effected by flight cancellations, having to find a private jet, arriving last minute to Hartford. Then almost immediately compete. Sounds like just getting to the meet was a nightmare in itself and could be part of why she bombed bars.
Hezley Rivera and Madray Johnson also had to deal with the same flight issues and I believe flew with Gabby on the private flight. They didn't meltdown and withdraw after the first event. And I will note they Rivera and Johnson had to compete in session 1. Gabby had more downtime between podium training and competition.

Lacie Saltzmann and Ashlee Sullivan didn't have the luxury to fly private, and both missed podium training. But both managed to compete all 4 events.

Last edited:
Hezley Rivera and Madray Johnson also had to deal with the same flight issues and I believe flew with Gabby on the private flight. They didn't meltdown and withdraw after the first event. And I will note they Rivera and Johnson had to compete in session 1. Gabby had more downtime between podium training and competition.

Lacie Saltzmann and Ashlee Sullivan didn't have the luxury to flew private, and both missed podium training. But both managed to compete all 4 events.
I just do not understand the zeal with which so many are attributing Gabby's recent poor performances at two competitions to anything and everything beyond her current abilities and readiness to compete.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back