2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So all past Olympic and world team members in session 2. 2023 Pan am members in session 2. But I can't figure out why some of the others were slotted into session 2 ahead of, say, gymnasts who received an international assignment this spring.

So all past Olympic and world team members in session 2. 2023 Pan am members in session 2. But I can't figure out why some of the others were slotted into session 2 ahead of, say, gymnasts who received an international assignment this spring.

You have to have some unknown gymnasts whose routines the TV coverage can ignore to focus on the important stuff ... like Simone taping her feet

Yeah, I know I can't get everything I want, but I would have liked to have seen Jayla Hang, Simone Rose, Hezly Rivera, and Kieryn Finnell in session 2.

I don't know how I'm going to manage session 2 without splitting my eyeballs.

Yeah, I wonder how randomized the second session was outside of the obvious draws. There are a few athletes who aren’t even qualified to nationals yet they are in the second session.

Yeah, I know I can't get everything I want, but I would have liked to have seen Jayla Hang, Simone Rose, Hezly Rivera, and Kieryn Finnell in session 2.
Hezley in session 1 really surprised me. Winter Cup bronze medalist and last year junior champ.

I suppose that makes things "cleaner" for the broadcast. They can fully commit to the story line of Gabby being Valeri's ticket back to the Olympics and vice versa, conveniently ignoring that Valeri has two other senior elites. (Although Valeri may have also forgotten he has two other senior elites.....)

They can't throw every significant gymnast into session 2.

Somebody has to win session 1 with at least the qualifying score to Nationals.

Roberson was put in session 1 last year after winning medals at multiple international assignments throughout 2023. She won the first session and ended up 3rd AA after session 2.

Hezley, Hang, and the other new seniors will have all the attention in session 1, they would have been lucky to get one routine on the broadcast in 2. It also gives Roethlisberger a handful of athletes to talk about in the afternoon who have a chance at Olympic Trials.

23 US Classic.jpg

Last edited:
I assume they at least want some names in the first session so they can sell a few tickets. If Simone Rose, Jayla, Camarah and Hezly weren’t in the first session, I would skip it altogether.

The one ticket for Saturday gets you into both session 1 and session 2.

But yea it also gets more people to bother making their way over to the arena for session 1 so it's not looking empty.

this may have been answered before, sorry. How did Konnor qualify for this.

Past world and Olympic team members can petition directly to classic meets.

Past world and Olympic team members can petition directly to classic meets.
I don't think that applies to Konnor.
ETA: maybe they added 'past national champions' to that 'right to petition' rule.
Whatever it is, I am glad she's there!

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing how many gymnasts will do AA, other than the ones trying to qualify for the U.S. Championships. With so many not having competed this year, one would think you'd see many of them compete on all four events.

I'm interested in seeing how many gymnasts will do AA, other than the ones trying to qualify for the U.S. Championships. With so many not having competed this year, one would think you'd see many of them compete on all four events.
Usually way fewer gymnasts do AA at classics during an Olympic year. I’m assuming Gabby will, at least.

When is podium training?

Usually way fewer gymnasts do AA at classics during an Olympic year. I’m assuming Gabby will, at least.

When is podium training?
Podium Training

Thursday, May 16 – 1 p.m. ET – Junior Women
Friday, May 17 – 8 a.m. ET – Senior Women Session 1
Friday, May 17 – 9:40 a.m. ET – Senior Women Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back