2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think Spencer had surgery today 😥

Scott Bregman may have some limited quick hits on Twitter.
I wonder if Gymcastic or the Gymternet will have a live blog during the competition. I don't always agree with Spencer's analysis, but I rely on his blog and appreciate his quick hits if I can't watch live.

Podium training for Hopes (10 am) and Juniors (1 pm) today. It will be on FlipNow.

Has anyone taken one for the team and bought a subscription? If so, let us know the deets.

Start lists are up! https://usagymclassic.com/info/

Juniors will have 3 events going at a time.

Izzy Stassi will only compete vault and bars in session 1.

Pacific Reign and WOGA will rotate together in session 1.

Suni is currently down for AA, but I can't imagine that's correct. In fact, the only senior in the second session not doing AA right now is Amelia Disidore.

Group 1: Leanne, Myli Lew, Trinity, Shilese, Jazmyn Jimenez, Lexi Z
Group 2: Skye, Addison Fatta, Gabby, Kaliya, Kayla, Kelise Woolford
Group 3: Tiana, Jordan, Joscelyn, Dulcy, Konnor, Simone
Group 4: Katelyn Jong, Jade, Suni, Tatum Drusch, Ashlee Sullivan, Amelia Disidore

Last edited:
I'm excited to see Konnor compete right before Simone. Hopefully rotating with the WCC crew will be good for her.

I’m wondering if we will see more gymnasts than usual compete AA at an Olympic year classics given that almost no one has competed this year.

I'm fully expecting most everyone to compete AA. Particularly for those already qualified to nationals, being able to test drive routines without worrying about a mistake or two impacting your ability to advance, is really valuable. Personally, I'd like to try and hit my routines before going to the pressure cooker that is nationals.

Is it worth getting the $9.99 FlipTV package for this competition? How is the video? I want to see podium training.

Is it worth getting the $9.99 FlipTV package for this competition? How is the video? I want to see podium training.
The stream for American Classic ran smoothly, I had no problems with it. It was a 4 event split screen, looks like this:

Flipnow.png

I'd imagine they'd have a similar setup for podium training.

The camera followed the gymnasts on each event, when they ran for a tumbling pass, ran down the vault runway etc. the camera followed them. It wasn't stationary.

I did get one! I will if Gabby makes it to PT (her flight out of Dallas got canceled due to severe weather).
What?!? Peak drama. I wonder if she could petition to Nationals because of severe weather?

I wonder if she could petition to Nationals because of severe weather?

I'm sure she'll get a flight before the competition Saturday, it's podium training at 9:40am tomorrow morning she'll probably miss.

Last edited:
Flights out of Dallas are all back according to FAA. Gabby should not have any problem getting to Hartford.

I said this over in the Gabby thread, but none of Valeri's gymnasts are at PT. He and Anna do not appear to be there either.

This was not some Gabby conspiracy.

I said this over in the Gabby thread, but none of Valeri's gymnasts are at PT. He and Anna do not appear to be there either.

This was not some Gabby conspiracy.
Extremely negligent planning on Valeri's part. You check weather ahead of time and always take potential delays and cancellations into account when planning flights for such an important meet. Because at this point in time commercial flights are frequently delayed or cancelled for all sorts of reasons.

I assume Claire Pease flew out on Wednesday, since junior podium training was yesterday and she competes tonight. Does anyone know who was coaching her yesterday if Valeri and Anna aren't there?

I assume Claire Pease flew out on Wednesday, since junior podium training was yesterday and she competes tonight. Does anyone know who was coaching her yesterday if Valeri and Anna aren't there?
I guess it's possible they are there and not out at PT because their gymnasts aren't there.

Okay, I saw over on Reddit that Valeri is there and was there for Hopes yesterday.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back