2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

It was an absolutely terrible decision to have her do junior elite last year. The plan was Hopes, but when she got a 49.00, the bare minimum to qualify junior, they decided to go on that path. Hopes gymnasts who get the junior score have the option to stay Hopes. Such a short-sighted decision.
Agree.
Another gymnast who got her junior score last year while attempting to qualify Hopes was Greta Krob, got 49.35 and she (and/or her coaches) opted to continue Hopes instead of pushing Junior. She was quite successful, won Hopes Classic, 2nd at Waterbottle Classic.

And honestly if they plan to discuss junior qualification scores, I hope they mean to RAISE them. Or at least make certain E score (like 7.0 or 7.5) mandatory so the coaches stop pushing difficulty just to get their gymnast(s) into junior elite.
That would be the ideal solution. No advancement to the next level unless your qualifying score had at least 3 events with E scores over 7.5.

Am I correct in thinking that the compulsory bar routine is still judged with slightly modified JO based rules. From what I have seen of these - Using FIG deductions would certainly prevent a lot of kids from qualifying who have no business doing elite (at least at that point in time).

Buechler only got a 48.3 this weekend, so unless something changes she isn't qualified to the Classics.

Updated registration list
1000002248.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to see Ashlee Sullivan on the list. I'll be curious to see how she does now that she's at Metroplex.

I thought Sullivan had dropped back to level 10!

Also not surprised that there is no McClain or Douglas.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about the lineup ... but also trying to remember that people will drop out later in the game due to injury, etc.

I noticed Zoe Miller is not on the list. I wonder if her injury is worse than we originally thought, or she's decided to step away from elite to go to college in the fall.

Will they even announce entries for American Classic? It's two weeks away, and that's when they announced those for Winter Classic.

does Gabby need to go to the American Classic to qualify for the US Classic?

No, her petition to both classics was accepted. She can compete at either one or the other, or both if she wants.

She only needs one of them to qualify to Nationals. Her season is over if she competes at neither.

No, her petition to both classics was accepted. She can compete at either one or the other, or both if she wants.

She only needs one of them to qualify to Nationals. Her season is over if she competes at neither.
Personally, I think if she is/was serious, she needs to compete in everything she can so she gets numbers in, gets nerves out, and she has additional chances if she bombs a meet.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back