2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I would assume those clubs get a percentage or something for selling the tickets? I’d think about calling around and saying, “Hey I think you might have tickets to sell. Are you interested in selling to me?”

I just bought my ticket. The lower sections have opened up and there weren't a ton of seats left, so I just went for it.

I'm equal parts excited and shell-shocked at the price I just paid.

I had a reminder to check tomorrow... I just checked and there is almost nothing left and nothing I would spend the money for... sad

I wonder if the elite clubs get them at a discount
Participants get 2 free tickets and a certain amount of discounted tickets, rather than the clubs.

The club sales program is just a way of USAG selling tickets in bulk. Local clubs will want to go and sit together.

For anyone who doesn’t want to click, it also says USAG will post updates to the US Classic roster every Friday as more athletes sign up between now and the May 3rd registration deadline.

Saw this on USAG Facebook page.
How can be Sophia Buechler registered as Junior when she never got her junior elite score this season (actually the only time she got exactly 49.00 was at WOGA qualifier in February 2023)? She didn't make it to the US Championship last year, either. She still can do Hopes this year and while she unsuccessfully tried several junior qualifiers this season, she at least managed to get her Hopes score.
1712360290488.png

Last edited:
Saw this on USAG Facebook page.
How can be Sophia Buechler registered as Junior when she never got her junior elite score this season (actually the only time she got exactly 49.00 was at WOGA qualifier in February 2023)? She didn't make it to the US Championship last year, either. She still can do Hopes this year and while she unsuccessfully tried several junior qualifiers this season, she at least managed to get her Hopes score.
View attachment 10199
I imagine it’s because there are still opportunities before US Classic to meet the qualifying score

There's one more opportunity, the Parkettes national qualifier this weekend.

This was Item B from the International Elite Committee meeting on April 2:
After the last National Qualifier, the IEC will meet Tuesday, April 9, 2024, to discuss junior qualification scores to Classics.
So registering now and hoping the IEC lowers the qualification score isn't the worst idea.

I don't think she can do Hopes this year. Fairly sure that once you compete junior elite at a Classic meet, you're ineligible to drop back to Hopes, ever.

There's one more opportunity, the Parkettes national qualifier this weekend.

This was Item B from the International Elite Committee meeting on April 2:

So registering now and hoping the IEC lowers the qualification score isn't the worst idea.

I don't think she can do Hopes this year. Fairly sure that once you compete junior elite at a Classic meet, you're ineligible to drop back to Hopes, ever.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Sophia is an incredibly talented gymnast and she would benefit from competing Hopes as long as she can IMO, rather than pushing high difficulty with sloppy execution.

And honestly if they plan to discuss junior qualification scores, I hope they mean to RAISE them. Or at least make certain E score (like 7.0 or 7.5) mandatory so the coaches stop pushing difficulty just to get their gymnast(s) into junior elite.

It was an absolutely terrible decision to have her do junior elite last year. The plan was Hopes, but when she got a 49.00, the bare minimum to qualify junior, they decided to go on that path. Hopes gymnasts who get the junior score have the option to stay Hopes. Such a short-sighted decision.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back