2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Anyone else finds the apparatus order weird? One group goes in the usual order VT-UB-BB-FX while the group starting on bars goes UB-VT-FX-BB.
Do they always rotate like this during olympic trials? Maybe they did in the past but I don't recall (but my memory is not that great so...)

Anyone else finds the apparatus order weird? One group goes in the usual order VT-UB-BB-FX while the group starting on bars goes UB-VT-FX-BB.
Do they always rotate like this during olympic trials? Maybe they did in the past but I don't recall (but my memory is not that great so...)
I never saw that.

Yeah...that's a...choice. I feel like the last time they did this was in 2000, but I'm blanking on 2004 and 2008, probably because as I've gotten older I haven't rewatched competitions as much. I know I watched 2000 Day 2 a ton because it was one of the few gymnastics tapes I had.

eta: I just quickly ran through the 2004 coverage and they didn't do it the college duel meet way.

Last edited:
That's how college dual meets rotate; they're probably taking advantage of the familiarity the audience (and maybe camera and network crews) with that style meet

Ashamed to admit I don't watch NCAA much.
Hopefully they will alternate the routines/won't have two gymnasts up at the same time. Like Caylor on bars, while waiting for her score we'll watch DiCello vaulting, then Biles on bars, then Lee vaulting...

Ashamed to admit I don't watch NCAA much.
Hopefully they will alternate the routines/won't have two gymnasts up at the same time. Like Caylor on bars, while waiting for her score we'll watch DiCello vaulting, then Biles on bars, then Lee vaulting...
The ncaa format is definitely better for broadcasting. It makes it much easier to show the majority of routines

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back