2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I haven’t seen this before. Trials are not just on Peacock.

IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0977.jpeg

I’m buying a couple of months of Peacock to watch trials and Olympics. I even have “permission” from my husband to watch in front of the baby. (We try to keep her away from screens but she has to see Simone.)
Peacock recently ran the $1.99/month offer again, but it doesn't look like it is still available. However, I just discovered that they have discounts for students, first responders, military, and teachers ($1.99-2.99/month) if that applies to anyone.

What is the rate to join Peacock for the next two months? If anyone has a serious concern about being able to afford it, and would be able to better contribute to the conversations going on here if you had access to it, then please DM me with your Venmo info.

What is the rate to join Peacock for the next two months? If anyone has a serious concern about being able to afford it, and would be able to better contribute to the conversations going on here if you had access to it, then please DM me with your Venmo info.
I have peacock and anytime I try to cancel it they offer the 1.99 a month for 6 months. I pay the regular price which I think is 5.99 a month twice a year and the 1.99 the rest of the year.

Peacock has offered me $20/year for the past couple of years and my current subscription takes me through to the end of August, so I'm covered for the Olympics.

Peacock still has some other discounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.png
    IMG_0979.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
I'm glad I'll get to see trials! Still worried about how much I'll get to see of the Olympics without Peacock or a VPN to bypass Youtube blocks.

Which country are you in?

Later this week I will be giving an option to everyone who needs it, to watch NBC from anywhere in the world without needing VPN
USA. Can't watch international feeds. Everything owned by NBC is always blocked. I know they'll show all finals on tv, but they never show podium training and prelims.

USA. Can't watch international feeds. Everything owned by NBC is always blocked. I know they'll show all finals on tv, but they never show podium training and prelims.
There is no international feed for trials. USAG don’t own the broadcast rights.
I didn’t realise not everyone in the US has access to NBC?

There is no international feed for trials. USAG don’t own the broadcast rights.
I didn’t realise not everyone in the US has access to NBC?
I said this was for the Olympics, not trials. I have NBC, the tv network. They usually show only finals. I am talking about not being able to see stuff like podium training and prelims, which are sometimes on Youtube but NBC blocks them here.

I said this was for the Olympics, not trials. I have NBC, the tv network. They usually show only finals. I am talking about not being able to see stuff like podium training and prelims, which are sometimes on Youtube but NBC blocks them here.
The VPN instructions that @MaryClare is going to share will allow you to watch those streams.

Olympic podium training is never broadcast or streamed anywhere iirc.

The VPN instructions that @MaryClare is going to share will allow you to watch those streams.
I can probably only stretch to doing this for trials. It’s not exactly kosher. Also, it’s not VPN. It will work everywhere, although you can use one for privacy if you want. Send me a private message if you want to try it out now.

My motivation being that there is no possible way for anyone outside the US to watch it live. For the Olympics, you just need to subscribe to whoever has the full broadcast rights in your country. For example, in the UK, the BBC will show some, but Discovery will have full coverage

Blakely hits 2 more Chengs she is a lock for the team. Even more so if she hits 2 more beams.
Agreed. For me, she is on the team because of those Chengs and because of being decent-to-good everywhere else. I feel like her score potential on Vault is higher than Chiles/DiCello potential elsewhere on any other event.

Pre-Trials, I feel like the Women's Team should/could be:
Biles, Jones, Lee, Carey, Blakely

Biles - obvious
Jones - obvious, if heathy
Lee - UB/BB huge potential, big reputation
Carey - Vault/FX potential, big reputation, Int'l judges prefer her to American
Blakely - Vault "potential" is higher than any other contender on any other event (Chiles, DiCello), can bring in decent numbers elsewhere IF she hits.

To me, Chiles and DiCello feel like the perfect alternates, as both can do well anywhere but don't, for me, have the same score potential as Blakely on several events.

And in Team Finals, if Blakely hits her Cheng, she likely won't be used much elsewhere to risk a low score unless Biles/Jones/Lee/Carey need to sit something out. The pressure would be the same for Blakely and DiCello. Perhaps Chiles could handle that pressure, but anything can happen.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back