2024 Super Sixteen meet (Mean Girls theme- partnership with Paramount+) January 5-6

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Alabama, Auburn, BYU, Cal, UCLA, Denver, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Southern Utah, San Jose State, Washington

1703271853605.png
1703271868284.png
1703271892858.png

1703271910516.png

That’s an interesting theme considering what’s been going on in gymnastics at the collegiate level over the past few years. Meen girl behavior has been pretty much swept under the rug with victims being vilified. Wasn’t it it this year that a gymnast was assaulted by her teammates at Fisk and ended up leaving the program as opposed to the aggressors/coach being held responsible?

I kinda love that have a partnership with such a mainstream movie. Good on them. I'll be really disappointed if teams with pink Leo's already in their collection don't wear them.

That’s an interesting theme considering what’s been going on in gymnastics at the collegiate level over the past few years. Meen girl behavior has been pretty much swept under the rug with victims being vilified. Wasn’t it it this year that a gymnast was assaulted by her teammates at Fisk and ended up leaving the program as opposed to the aggressors/coach being held responsible?
I mean the theme of the movie is that judging others doesn't make you better than anyone. At the end of the movie, the mean girls learned that being mean doesn't help anything, and they all learned to be courteous and friendly with each other in the end.

Mean Girls the Musical reached critical acclaim before ending due to COVID closing down Broadway Shows.
2024 is also the release of Mean Girls: The Musical.

So it's a popular franchise that happened to sponsor this meet.

I think you are going a bit too literal with your assessment.

I mean the theme of the movie is that judging others doesn't make you better than anyone. At the end of the movie, the mean girls learned that being mean doesn't help anything, and they all learned to be courteous and friendly with each other in the end.
Good, hopefully this theme will impact the culture in some of the problematic programs.

First session starting! I'd be shocked if Denver doesn't win, but Illinois v. UW v. SJSU should be a fascinating first week matchup.

ETA: DD and Jeff(Jess??) Graba commentating - I honestly can't remember which brother is which and idrc at this point lol. I enjoy DD as a commentator so far tbh.

Emily Innes' VT was great. Townes' BB dismount was more layout 3/2 with soft knees than a tuck.

The giant Mean Girls sign in the background of the shots will be great camp in 40 years.

I'm assuming this new quad format is a better experience live. I'd prefer a quadbox, but I love the new scoring graphics.

I remember meeting Nataraj and her family when they first moved to my sisters gym. The gym has a reputation for injuries and some questionable coaching methods, so it's great to see her thriving.

No line judge? That's interesting. The new hold rule is amazing, I almost don't even care about anything I used to complain about lol

I'm gonna miss Takekawa next year.

Anyone else trying to figure out the 9.825 for Casali's beam? That was a pre-orthodox Xmas gift <3

I wish everyone worked into their switch halves like Bella Mabanta.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back