2024 NCAA Nationals: Semi Finals (4/18/24) and Final Four on the Floor (4/20/24)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Spencer not blogging during nationals?!?!? That's like my worst nightmare, I usually don't watch live, that is good to know. Poor guy.

After 3 rotations:

1. LSU 148.3875 (finishes on FX)
2. CAL 148.300 (finishes on BB)
3. STAN 147.850 (finishes on VT)
4. ARK 147.275 (finishes on UB)

And Cesario is off the beam for Cal. She fell last year on bars.

Perea is the last gymnast up on beam for Cal. She was also the second fall off bars last year after Cesario fell. Deja vu? I hope not.

H. Bryants AA score of 39.7125 seems like a really big score. Do you think it is big enough to hold up for session 2?

Woohoo! Perea came through! Although Cal was already ahead of Stanford before her score. LSU and Cal advance!
I'm always rooting for a team to win their first National championship. I know it is likely to be OK but I would be thrilled for either Cal or LSU to win.

H. Bryants AA score of 39.7125 seems like a really big score. Do you think it is big enough to hold up for session 2?
I think it can. Just depends on what the other AA gymnasts do. I think Maile's score wasn't that high last year, but I could be wrong.

It might hold up? But I don't think it will. The same score was 2nd last year. O'Keefe and Chiles were in session 2 and Bryant was in session 1.
Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 6.36.46 PM.png

LSU's score of 198.1125 is definitely a contender for the team title, especially when all 4 teams will be competing in the same session.
Excited for California making it in too, with potential to improve the team score.
What a great end to Stanford's year, they will end up, at minimum, 7th overall. Huge for them.
Arkansas had the unfortunate beam rotation, but their other 3 events were scored several tenths lower than at regionals.

Leaders after session 1
AA: Bryant (LSU) 39.712
VT: Anna Roberts (STAN) 9.950
UB: Courtney Blackson (BOISE), Bryant (LSU), Lily Smith(UGA), Skylar Killough-Wilhelm (WASH), Reese Drotar (ARK) 9.925
BB: Bryant (LSU), Mya Lauzon (CAL) 9.950
FX: Aleah Finnegan 9.962

Won't be surprised if none of these hold up in tonight's session, though Finnegan might.

Spencer not blogging during nationals?!?!? That's like my worst nightmare, I usually don't watch live, that is good to know. Poor guy.
I'm sure my daughter won't allow me to check score on the computer tonight so I was also counting on Spencer's live blog. He must be in really rough shape to miss Nationals.

Is it possible to get ESPN+ without a television? Like just on my phone or laptop?
Yes. laptop:

Phone: There is an ESPN app you can download and I believe (not 100%) that you can subscribe to Plus through the app.

UGH! Session 2 starts at 9:00 I just remembered. No way I can stay up for that! I was in a Zoom met from 4-6:30 so I missed session 1, but it recorded.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back