2023 American Classic

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Do you know what her original score was before the bump?

Leanne has some great qualities and she seemed like the right choice then.

Aren’t they having a camp this month? If so it would be the first one back for Simone and the first one ever for some?

Biles will participate in the July NTC. I am not sure if the score is public, but she needs the score in the camp to qualify for US classics.

really? I would think any gymnast who has won a world/olympic medal should be able to compete at any of the classics if they want

Biles will participate in the July NTC. I am not sure if the score is public, but she needs the score in the camp to qualify for US classics.
Biles and Lee can petition to compete at US Classic per the qualification criteria.

The USAG set the guideline for petition process. There is a risk of being rejected if these rules are enforced.

Petitioning procedures are used when the athlete is unable to compete due to illness, injury or extenuating circumstances; they are not intended to replace the qualification system. If a petition is denied, the athlete is ineligible to submit another petition for a higher-level meet.

I just wonder if USAG would strictly enforce those petition policies. Lee can possibly submit an injury petition.

They would be foolish to not find a way to allow former Olympians and Eorld team members. Look what Biles, Lee and Carey did for US Classic ticket sales. And i’m sure it’s a reason Trials tickets sold so fast.

There’s an unofficial policy that former world and Olympic team members will have petitions to Classics approved.

Ooooo.
IMG_7466

Aren’t they having a camp this month?
Yes, camp is happening now, then after that no more regular senior elite camps until November.

National Team Camp: July 9-12
US Classic: August 3-6
Nationals: August 24-27
World Team Selection Camp: Sept. 20-23
World Championships: Sept. 30 to Oct. 8
Pan American Games: Oct. 20 to Nov. 5

National Team Camp: Nov. 13-16

Then that’s it until 2024. That’s it until we’re in the Olympic Year.

Last edited:
I guess because I remember DiCello finishing 4th last year in the elite National AA championships I don’t really subscribe to the idea that she needed to show up with elite routines as some sort of transition for comfort because most of her serious competitors have also only been judged on NCAA routines this year (Carey, Wong, Chiles, Lee) or not at all nationally since last year (Jones) or years past (Biles). It’s not like she’s returning to elite or anything, she just decided not to try for Worlds. Based on what she showed, I’m a bit confused about what was to gain. But I’m not her coach so of course I defer etc!

think it was her floor score. 12.2 to 12.35.
Yes, she went from 50,85 to 51,00 exact. It seems suspect to me, in that the score raise was by 0,15. What kind of change to a D-score is that? Just when I think that these ‘backroom’ routines have become a thing of the past, they rear their ugly heads again. If you’re going to manipulate a score, at least make it something that looks like it can actually happen. sigh

Me included really, but I think part of that is the context of there not being a standout for the 5th spot. Things like international experience and reputation start to matter more in those circumstances. But of course Kayla had/has that too.

Same thing happened for Cammie Westerman in the juniors. She has a 49.95, then a score got bumped up by .1 so she met the qualifying score.

If they changed the D score, they can also take appropriate deductions on the skill granted, and so it may have been a result of the E score for the given skill

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back