2022 World Gymnastics Championships Team Qualifications (Saturday 10/29 SD 1&2- Sunday 10/30 SD 3-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

GMF fell on dismount. And the live blog said Jessica put her hands down not he beam but I didn’t see her go.
Alice fell on FX but it was dropped anyway.

I guess it cost her a place in the AA

looks like jess had one hell of an AA meet

I don’t think there was a hand down from Gadirova. I didn’t see one and I don’t see it mentioned in the live blog.

Maybe it was on the Twitter TL? Definitely read it somewhere!
I didn’t see her BB myself.

I thought that was on her wolf turn

Last edited:
Interesting that Alice still got a 12.3. That fall cost her 1.5 (1.0 fall, 0.3 OOB, 0.2 lost CV).

13.8 would have easily gotten her into the floor final. Even with a tenth step, right?

I just watched Luo Rui on beam. What an absolutely beautiful disaster that was (minus the incessant yelling in the background).

Back to those two falls for Thorsdottir - the Netherlands missed the team final by 0.265 and she was two per countried out of the AA final by 0.568. Even with one fall it would have been fine.

Surprised not to see anyone mention Andrade balking her DTY and missing out on event finals. That was the most shocking part of today for me, just keeping up with quick hits.

My overall impression from quals was that there generally seemed to be a looot of unexpected misses. Too many.

Should be a really good race to the team podium, china, Italy, Brazil, even GB to some extent all have a lot of room to improve on beam. Basically everyone except Japan.

So if Flavia doesn’t come off beam, she’s top qualifier on beam and 3rd in AA. Yep. Worlds cancelled.

Interesting but not really unexpected stat - all the finalists are from countries which qualified a full team (including Romania). And excluding Romania those teams finished 1st to 17th, with only 15th place Mexico missing out.

I’d imagine we will see some of the individual qualifiers make finals in the men’s competition tomorrow.

Pretty much. Didn’t notice if she tripped, but her hands definitely slipped along the top of the vault table. She was smart to tuck it and landed it okay.

Looks like there was another injury? Gehani from Sri Lanka? Was it bad?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back