2022 World Gymnastics Championships Team Qualifications (Saturday 10/29 SD 1&2- Sunday 10/30 SD 3-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Conversation here
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.39.42 PM

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.40.00 PM

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.40.09 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is the right thread, start lists for day 2 are out.

https://live.gymnastics.sport/link.php?id=4124

Things I’ve noticed so far; Tang and Ou are the AA competitors for China, Giorgia Villa is only doing UB/BB with Iorio the alternate for Italy, Zsofia Kovacs only VT/BB, Jennifer Gadirova FX only. Ashikawa Urara is also an alternate and will not defend her title.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Also interesting that Kovacs is only doing one vault, when she just won vault at Euros. Must be injured.

Too bad about Iorio, it sounded like she looked good in PT. But I can understand Italy wanting a floor worker.

And Canada only has Black in the all around, which is surprising to me. I guess they’re going all-in on team.

Last edited:
So are there live scores/hits anywhere? (Sorry if it’s posted somewhere; I did try to look but getting booster and flu shot together has made me slow and dumb today!)

Jen Gadirova sticking to floor is sensible I think. She’s obviously dealing with injury recovery. GB don’t really need her on beam, the five of them are all usable and if it’s time for a GB beam meltdown then it’s happening regardless. Whereas they do need her on floor, neither GMF nor Ondine can get above 13 consistently for a hit set.

Surprised about Canada. They definitely could have got a second AAer in.

Emma Malewski isn’t doing AA for Germany, which I think realistically means they are unlikely to be represented in the final.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back