2022 World Gymnastics Championships Team Qualifications (Saturday 10/29 SD 1&2- Sunday 10/30 SD 3-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

These vault scores have honestly gotten a bit ridiculous in the last two subdivisions.

Ondine JUSSSSSST misses AA.
Kinsella 53.798
Ondine 53.598

It ought to be, unless everyone 2018’s it. USA should be unbeatable unless they fall apart, but it looks like we can expect a, I dunno, 5-way competition for silver and bronze? I don’t want to discount China because, you know, potential and all, but presumably the teams that finished above them have a legitimate shot too. I’m excited.

GB were 2nd on vault, 5th on bars, 4th on beam and 3rd on floor.

I wouldn’t expect those vault scores to hold up in TFs, but there’s a point between them and France in 3rd. There is room to improve and also for things to get much worse on beam, bars went as well as could realistically be expected. Floor maybe a couple more tenths.

The lack of grounding in reality makes me feel like I’m watching an NCAA meet.

I mean, we’re not in the weird place of them being basically guaranteed to win, but they really, really should.

This is the USA’s to lose. No combination of the teams currently in 2nd to 6th would surprise me. Don’t see France or Canada contending.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back