Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I notice we aren’t talking about Eaker at all.

file:///C:/Users/blake/Downloads/GA_2021_WCH_Kitakyushu_Nominative%20Registrations_Clean.pdf

Wong, DiCello, Jones, and Blakely are the nominative submissions. I assume Jones/Blakely are the placeholders since this was submitted before Jones joined Biles’ tour.

Wong, DiCello, Jones, and Blakely are the nominative submissions. I assume Jones/Blakely are the placeholders since this was submitted before Jones joined Biles’ tour.
This makes absolute sense as they are the highest placing finishers from Nationals that did not make a specific intent to not go for Worlds.
Wong 5th, Blakely 7th, DiCello 11th, Jones 12th

Probably the nomination was sent in before Jones decided to go on tour.

Otherwise likely that Drayton 14th would have been named in her place.

It goes right along with Tom’s MO of rank order so it isn’t anything unusual.

Is there a reason he went by Nationals order instead of Trials order?

Is there a reason he went by Nationals order instead of Trials order?
Probably because some of these athletes were not at Trials? I don’t know the rationale.

If you looked at Trials it would be:
DiCello 6th, Wong 8th, Jones 10th, Fatta 11th (as Blakeley withdrew from Trials).

That is why I assumed it was based off of Nationals rankings.

2.2. List the discretionary criteria and explain how they will be used (if any):
The Athlete Selection Committee will use the following criteria when selecting
members for the 2021 World Championships Team:
• Results from selected 2021 National Team Verification Camps (full routines on
competition surfaces), the 2021 American Classic, 2021 U.S. Classic, 2021 U.S.
Gymnastics Championships, international competitions, and World Team
Selection Event.
This comes from the selection procedures. Olympic Trials results are not used to determine the World Team so that is why Tom likely used results from Nationals.

Makes sense.

So Blakey wasn’t as injured as we thought?

So Leanne and Kayla I’d say are pretty much going barring any absolute disasters, after them I don’t even know.

So…Cecile Landi is listed as a coach. Looks like Shilese switched gyms.

I thought Shilese was headed for NCAA after the tour? (Did I just make that assumption because she “denounced” Tom’s leadership on social media? Am I confusing her with another gymnast?)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back