Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Grainy video, but I have an 8.7 for that. Could make EF if she hits it like that in prelims, IMO.

DD1D1ECDCD = 5.3 + 8.7 = 14.0

The D is low. No-one in the Top 35 in Tokyo Prelims had a D less than 5.4.

Is Seitz going to Tokyo?

Other than 2 Russians and 2 Chinese - who else is there to break into UB EF? Melanie isn’t there. Perhaps Andrade can hit a bar routine for once and make it in. Kovacs was 3rd Reserve in Tokyo - is she going?

If she can connect the Shap 1/2 out of the Pak, and gets a high 8 in E, it could be in medal territory, given that no-one will be there, and one or two of the top 6 is likely to have a miss.

Last edited:
Figure DiCello might have a shot. If she does the 6.0 D she showed earlier in the year and hits, she’ll probably easily clear 14.

I believe Seitz is not but Kovacs is. Perhaps GMF has a chance of a final?

Filipa Martins 6.0
Kayla DiCello 6.0
Elisa Iorio 6.1
Naomi Visser 6.2
Alice D’Amato 6.0
Lee Yunseo 6.3
Becky Downie 6.5
Rebeca Andrade 6.3
Luo Rui 6.2
Wei Xiaoyuan 6.7 if she hits pak + VL
Vladislava Urazova 6.3
Angelina Melnikova 6.3
Maria Minaeva ???

Methinks
  1. Wei Xiaoyuan 2. Maria Minaeva 3. Urazova/Melnikova

No, I just don’t think she’d have a higher E score than the top 3 I’m predicting. Downie has pretty flat Tkachevs and bent arms on casts, not a lot of amplitude on her transitions, that flung dismount… I’d love to see her win another medal on bars but I think she’ll have to rely on mistakes from others.

🤣 I appreciate this wishful thinking, but that’s a definite no. Florida is one of a collection of Southern states that explicitly ban “vaccine passports.” The implications of these type of laws for colleges are that they are banned from requiring vaccines in order to attend in-person classes or live on campus. Some even go further and attempt to ban mask mandates on college campuses as well as mask mandates for K-12 schools. Florida is one of those states that also bans mask mandates for K-12 school districts and the governor tries to take away funding from the districts who have required masks anyways.

Reactions: L_R

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back