Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was pondering this myself!

If Leanne and Kayla look something like they did when we last saw them, or just slightly weaker, and if WOGA suits Konnor, the issue doesn’t arise. It is still a quite realistic possibility that the US could send a very strong team relative to the field and win multiple medals. Silver and bronze behind Andrade in the AA plus a couple of medals in both of beam and floor would be very doable.

But it only takes things to be a bit non-optimum and they could end up sending someone purely on the basis of being healthy enough to compete. Even if all Hypothetical Chellsie had done at worlds was an FTY and a 13.2 on beam, still, what a story!

She’s not looking to go to worlds. She’s not going to be ready in time, and she’s opting to
go on Simone’s tour instead of focusing on upgrades. She’s definitely not done with gymnastics yet though.

Spencer is blogging:

After vault:
  1. DiCello 14.550
  2. McClain 14.500
  3. Wong 14.250
  4. Frazier 14.150
Leanne was struggling with rotation, per the hits.

Last edited:
Greaves fell on her DTY but hit bars. Alippo mess of an UB.

Apparently Wong started her DTY from a very short run.

It’s gotta be DiCello Wong and McClain.

The 4th will be the built in alternate unless they let Greaves go on UB and nix McClain on bars.

Last edited:
I’m hoping a video of it gets leaked because I keep rereading it trying to visualize that composition

Tom has got some …. Issues … picking this team…

The scores are going to be a clusterfuck and he’s going to have to make an ACTUAL DECISION without relying on the scores.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back