Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’d like to see Moreno get back on the podium. On any other day with any different panel of equally experienced judges she could have been on the podium in Tokyo.

IMO, the most “deserving” of all the non-medalist routines in EF (other than my girl Jess on floor…)

Last edited:
I’d like to see Moreno get back on the podium. On any other day with any different panel of equally experienced judges she could have been on the podium in Tokyo.

IMO, the most “deserving” of all the non-medalist routines in EF (other than my girl Jess on floor…)
Derailing the US Selection Camp discussion with your Worlds Medal hopefuls Dougie!

I’ll hop on the derailed train with Doug. I say re: best of non-medalists
  1. Moreno VT
  2. Lu UB
    (–Urazova AA)
  3. Gadirova FX
  4. Ashikawa BB
    And I daresay Moreno and Lu deserved medals.

With the field for Worlds lacking what looks like will be MOST medalists, the US team could include lower “ranked” athletes who could show up and win medals on almost any event except vault.

The recent World Cup events were people winning with E-scores in the mid 4s.

Okay, not that bad, but…

In that vein, I’d like to see USAG start sending WAG to the challenge cups. Probably never going to happen with USAG being bankrupt(?), but the remaining elites sorely need international experience and they could sleepwalk their way to medals at these events.

I think once Covid is “up” that will happen.
Typically, USAG WAG attended the World Cup events just not the “Challenge” ones.

There are other meets as well that due to Covid were not attended.
Gymnix, Jesolo, Stella Zakharova Cup, french International Massilia, and other World Cups that were in former locations like Ghent, Lyons, Glasgow.

With the field for Worlds lacking what looks like will be MOST medalists, the US team could include lower “ranked” athletes who could show up and win medals on almost any event except vault.
I am not so sure about that. Other than DiCello (UB/FX) and Wong (FX) the US doesn’t have anyone that can really challenge for an individual medal.
Zoe Miller could potentially make bars finals but I am not sure she has the capability to win a medal.
Addison Fatta shows a lot of potential on FX and she is super clean but I don’t think she has the D score to win. Amari Drayton has a strong DTY but no second vault, if she could learn a tusk full or a half on style vault she could make vault finals.

Would be nice if there were some Challenge Cups in the Western Hemisphere. Yes, the federations on this side of the world need to step up in host, but i sure understand why no one is much interested in spending the money to send athletes to some third-rate competition.

Are we ever going to get a worlds again? Anaheim was so much fun.
we have to go back season 2 GIF by Outlander

Does anyone have a sense of what medal contending scores will be for Worlds?

I feel like I have absolutely no idea.

I imagine the standard will be around the euros level.

Podiums will be high 13 / low 14.

I imagine any 14 will get you on the podium on beam and floor. Mid to high 14 on bars.

God knows on vault.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_R
According to Reddit, Konnor had an IG live last night and said that only nine are going to Worlds selection. She apparently named, Kayla DiCello, Olivia Greaves, Ava Siegfeldt, eMjae Frazier, Addison Fatta, Ciena Alipio as going for selection. Including Konnor, that leaves two others, maybe Leanne and ?? Skye is apparently going to go to camp, but isn’t verifying because of her elbow injury.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back