Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Dowell’s 15.4 UB was a myth under competitive lights
To be fair, her podium training set was the best set she performed all year (probably ever).

This was knarly but ok (sans smashing the bar on the tap swing):

Any girls here know how it feels to do this? I can’t imagine it doesn’t hurt like an absolute bitch.

What was the extra cast on the low bar about? Didn’t get her toes on for the flight back up?

What was the extra cast on the low bar about? Didn’t get her toes on for the flight back up?
Yeah looks like she didn’t get her feet on properly for the Toe Shap 1/2

To be fair, her podium training set was the best set she performed all year (probably ever)
Sure, but what medals are decided in podium training? The routine was a mess in competition the whole year. No way was she hitting 3/3 bar sets at Worlds.

Grace beat Suni in podium training in Tokyo, and no one cared by the time of the AA final.

Last edited:
So the SportEveryWhere Youtube channel has a video of Konor training a Cheng into a pit.

I guess that could be old footage, but maybe she didn’t have surgery and is training for Worlds.

God knows who’s in the running for Worlds for the US.

The closer we get, the closer it sounds like they’re gonna send a Pan Ams B Team.

It seems like the gymnasts are just as emotionally drained after this Olympics as I am.

I hear of certain gymnasts back in the gym training, and im like … Howwwww

I thought Konnor said in one of her Insta lives that they looked into surgery once they got to Texas but ultimately decided against it? She has confirmed she’s trying for worlds, which I think makes her and DiCello the front runners at this point.

I’m glad to hear it. (I’m not on Instagram so anything that happens on Instagram live is news I haven’t heard.) I hope she is happy and healthy.

So the SportEveryWhere Youtube channel has a video of Konor training a Cheng into a pit.

I guess that could be old footage, but maybe she didn’t have surgery and is training for Worlds.
Its’s old(ish). I can see the Revolution Gymnastics banner.

thought Konnor said in one of her Insta lives that they looked into surgery once they got to Texas but ultimately decided against it? She has confirmed she’s trying for worlds, which I think makes her and DiCello the front runners at this point.
DiCello is a front runner if not a lock as long as healthy.
McClain, I would love to see, but she had an injury that kept her from AA earlier this year and we have to see how the transition to WOGA goes. If anyone can get McClain ready in time, it is Valeri, but I almost wish they would hold her back until 2022, let het get 100% healthy and refocused instead of rushing back too early.

Reactions: MRR
I agree. It would probably be good for her confidence and future endeavors to be fully ready at her next competition rather than rushed back and maybe ready.

It would be great to see “2020 American Cup DiCello” ready for Worlds.

The Cheng is nowhere near being closed to landing based on the vid. I can’t rly even picture her landing a Lopez well. The Amanar may be a different story…

Not that I’m saying anything new here: the Worlds in the same year after the Olympics is always post-climactic. The best gymnasts are exhausted from the Olympics and many of them don’t compete in Worlds. I would like to see Simone come back to get the Y2P named after her, but I don’t think it will be this year, if it happens at all.

Fortunately, she could just do a world cup to get it named right?

This is 100% the view from the peanut gallery so take it as such, but considering how hard the YDP is, I have a hard time imagining Simone doing it unless she continues to compete this quad. Like, it doesn’t seem like the kind of skill you just brush off and pull out unless you’re in peak form. Even for Simone.

I agree.

If I were her and I wanted to continue and to get it named for me, I’d do it at the least important FIG competition that was logistically possible. But it would likely be such a slog to get back to the level where it would be possible and safe, it seems a huge amount of work to put in purely to get it named. Especially when Simone already has a vault named after her and has already competed the YDP on multiple occasions and thus demonstrated to the planet that she can do it.

Reactions: L_R

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back